WITS A81E Cortex A8 Android Froyo 2.2 7" Tablet - Rs 10,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

raul

Adept
WITS A81E Cortex A8 Android Froyo 2.2 7" Tablet - Price reduced to Rs 6000!

Hi All,

Got this 2 months ago from jtshop. Its been fun having it but I am planning to get a 10inch android tablet when I travel to the US in Jan. Till now it remains one of the fastest Android tablets and its been surprisingly useful.

Specifications
CPU: Texas instruments OMAP 3530 600/800(Android 2.2 only) MHz
RAM: 256 MiB LPDDR(166 MHz,x32)
Internal Storage: 256 MB NAND flash
Audio/video: 520-MHz TMS320C64x+â„¢ DSP Core.
3D Accelerator: POWERVR SGXâ„¢ 530.
Wireless: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS(UBlox GPX 5010-ST, optional)
Operating Systems: Win CE 6.0, Android 2.1, Android 2.2.
Display: 7 inch 800*480 TFT panel , 262K colours.
Touchscreen: resistive.
Sockets: Mini USB 1.1(?) OTG, 3.5 mm jack, 5V power connector.
Other: Stereo speakers, Micro SD Slot.
Charging: via power connector only.

2. Available ROMs
Android ROMs
Official FW (Current: 1122)
Actually there are a lot of custom ROMs

WITS A81E Faqs

The Good:
1. ARM Cortex A8 TI OMAP3530 720MHz with PowerVR SGX530 GPU - this is more powerful than the iPhone 3GS SOC, and similar to the iPad, iPhone4, Galaxy S but those are clocked at 1GHz and custom chips by Apple/Samsung. (This one is clocked at 800mhz, newer firmware clocks it back to 720mhz but its faster than 800 mhz firmware so optimized better?
2. GPS
3. Bluetooth
4. Plays video well
5. Browser is very fast
6. 3D games that dont need accelerometer ie Angry Birds play well and smoothly
7. Regular firmware updates from Wits - well supported at slatedroid and mp4 nation who sell their own version called Nationite Midnite.
8. Android 2.2 Froyo with regular updates and market functioning

The Bad
1. Resistive touch screen
2. No accelerometer
3. No mic

There are 3 models of Wits - the orginal A81, the one I have the A81E an the new A81R released 2 weeks ago, the difference is A81 was not CE not Android, and A81R has an accelerometer. Now for anyone considering buying this a word of warning, I am curious and was curious about android tablets, and did my research and picked this up as it was the most powerful and only android tablet available with Froyo 2.2. Since I bought it there have been multiple firmware updates adding drivers for things like GPS, Bluetooth, so its very much a work in progress.

Now its stable an fast and fully functioning thanks to the regular firmware updates, when I bought it there were many bugs and functionality missing, but it was $240 so I went ahead. This is not for the end user looking for an android tablet, go for the newer ones expected from mainstream companies, this is a chinese prototype from the overactive Chinese tablet scene, which is surprisingly functional and good. Gadget lovers will like this. Wits is supporting this device with lost of software updates and have configured it well in terms of cpu etc so they are not your typical hit and run chinese company. To know more about this device please visit:

1. Chinadigitalcomm.com
2. jtshop.com
3. slatedroid
4. MP4Nation
5. Gadgets and Tablets

WITS A81E Review

Whoever wants to buy this will need to come, check it out and see if it works for them and then pick it up. I paid $240 plus 1200 custom duty. The resistive touch screen is different from a capacitive one, and it took me some time to get used to it but now that I am its fast and usable.

I am selling it for 10.5k cost me 12.5k, this is not a device for everyone and lowballers should stay away, on the other hand if you enjoy mucking about with firmware upgrades and want to get hold of a functiong froyo tablet today this is you chance. Best use for this for browing, its very fast and stable with multiple tabs , movie player, the quality is good, and gps device, I use it in my car sometimes for GPS.

What you get:
1. A81E Tablet
2. A81E Cover
3. Ac charger plus car charger
4. USB cable
5. Extra 3.0 mah battery
6. Box

All original box contents

2GB class 2 sandisk memory card at additional cost of Rs250 - picked this up for 399 at mobilestore. I bought this separately as the Wits came with no memory card and will keep it if you don't want it, you ideally need a 2-4 GB class 2 card to update firmware, some of the larger capapcty faster cards dont work, though there have been folks who have their 8/16gb class 4/6 cards working. I am available in Marol during office hours and Goregaon. Those who are interested please get in touch with me.

Cheers
Raul

Price reduced to 9500, this is a fab froyo tablet at the price, its got gps, you can use it as a car pc, browsing the net is superfast and movies play well.

Bump and price reduced to Rs 7500! this has been lying unused for the last 2 months as I have been travelling all over, might as well someone makes better use of it.

Remember this is a fast tablet and you can use it for:

Fast web browser - this is a cortex a8 based Android 2.2 tablet

Movie player - plays movies smoothly

All android apps work

Ereader

GPS device - 7 inch GPS device

Car PC, you can use this as a base for a touch screen car pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back