Won a bid at ebay...ATRIX 2 at rs. 12190. Necessary advice needed !

bruno0123

Disciple
hey guys,

just won a bid at ebay for ATRIX 2 at USD$ 230 (Rs. 12190).

the phone is 2 months old in mind condition.
all the accessories the seller is giving are original manuals, comes with Motorola charger (removable USB cord), Motorola HDMI cord, and a shiny case. BUT NO EARPHONES (which he tells me didn't came with the phone).
And tells we can share the shipping cost of which i will have to pay $9 (Rs. 477) and the rest he would.

And the phone is AT&T locked which i told him to unlock for which he agreed.

The guy hold a feedback score of just 8(all positives) with no negatives feedback's .

Now the main thing is I have never ordered an item too expensive on net internationally (this would be my first).
I don't know should buy or not. kinda dicey about the deal need advise guys.
Should I go for it ?? :23:

I got earbuds with my atrix 2, but no HDMI cable. Anyway they are just barely decent. I use them with my soundmagic MP21, and they sound vastly better.
price seems decent, but what about customs?

I got earbuds with my atrix 2, but no HDMI cable. Anyway they are just barely decent. I use them with my soundmagic MP21, and they sound vastly better.

They dont bundle it with phones in the US. For e.g., the Xperia Tipo doesnt come with earbuds in UK but comes with one in India.

Customs is 2% right now IIRC. The main thing is that it should be sent by some trustworthy courier like DHL, Fedex so that they clear the customs and get it for you safely.

i really don't know about he process since this would be my first purchase internationally.

if you could explain it a bit.
once he sends the product through any reputed courier company say DHL then

- - - Updated - - -

They dont bundle it with phones in the US. For e.g., the Xperia Tipo doesnt come with earbuds in UK but comes with one in India.

the earphones are not a concern since at this price its quiet a deal.

but the seller just told me he cannot unlock the phone for me, any way how to unlock here for VODAFONE.
only if i can unlock i will go for the deal!

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should go for it, for this rate it's a steal and anyhow you won a deal and you cannot back out now, your money will be safe via Paypal so no worries

thanks mate means alot :D

i really don't know about he process since this would be my first purchase internationally.

if you could explain it a bit.
once he sends the product through any reputed courier company say DHL then
Then you wait and track online your shipment, will reach fairly maybe in 8-10 days (sometimes it may be be late in customs).

he is sending it through USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL .
heard cases where USPS takes to about a month in delivering the product.
should i convince him to try sending it through some other courier company like UPS or fedEX or try ishopinternational or PPOBOX ?

what would you do ?

- - - Updated - - -

Customs is 2% right now IIRC. The main thing is that it should be sent by some trustworthy courier like DHL, Fedex so that they clear the customs and get it for you safely.

should i convince him to try sending it through some other courier company like UPS or fedEX or try ishopinternational or PPOBOX?

what would you do ?

should i convince him to try sending it through some other courier company like UPS or fedEX or try ishopinternational or PPOBOX ?

what would you do ?
I'd prefer ShopNship (will cost $20 for 1kg) or ICC or any reputed 3rd party shipping services where you'll be able to track internationally and they pay customs on your behalf and collect later from you.

I smell something fishy here if he is not willing to unlock the phone. This may indicate that the phone is stolen or has dues pending. Ask him specifically via Ebay messaging if the phone can be unlocked or not. In case he says it can and later it can't, you can file a refund claim with Ebay using the messages as proof.

I would suggest you ship it via a reputed courier company. There have been a lot of instances of mobiles vanishing or being replaced with tea powder packets after reaching the customs office.

I smell something fishy here if he is not willing to unlock the phone. This may indicate that the phone is stolen or has dues pending. Ask him specifically via Ebay messaging if the phone can be unlocked or not. In case he says it can and later it can't, you can file a refund claim with Ebay using the messages as proof.

I would suggest you ship it via a reputed courier company. There have been a lot of instances of mobiles vanishing or being replaced with tea powder packets after reaching the customs office.

You can just go buy an unlock code online, not very expensive, and doesnt need ATT.

You can just go buy an unlock code online, not very expensive, and doesnt need ATT.

Yes, but it is always suspicious when a seller refuses to unlock a used phone. I can understand if it is a brand new phone since he may not want to open the box or something.

Also, even though u don't need AT&T to unlock, your phone can be locked again remotely if it is reported stolen by the original owner. Check XDA for threads on this issue. Apparently, all indian operators have signed agreements with the US operators. So OTA locking can happen even if you are not on AT&T.

Absolutely !!! All this hassle for a difference of what, 6k? Not worth it. The phone can be had for 18k with ebay coupons.. i would say, do not go ahead with the bid. You are the only risk of your ebay account being banned.

Could you pass me link for that..?.

yeah bro i will just PM you :bigok:

- - - Updated - - -

i asked the guy if he could unlock for me which he agreed at first but the he said he tried but couldn't.
and yeah i am thinking of shipping the item through PPO BOX (ICCWORLD).

i know buying it would be a big risk.

Back