Budget 21-30k Workstation for Web Design & Web Development Company

handsomeabhi

Disciple
Greetings All,

I need your help to configure and build a workstation for friends office. Its a new startup web design & web development company. So the usage will be for web design (photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver etc.) and web development in LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) and opensource.

The budget for each PC is 17-24k. However we can increase it if needed. Budget is not a restriction. We basically want to make sure we have a config wherein we avoid spending unnecessarily more as well as avoid building something less expensive but does not help the purpose.

Most people I talked with suggested I either go with a Dual Core + more RAM or Core i3 at the most. People advised not to spend on i5 or i7 when i3 can do all the work required. I am really confused.

Hence I want you guys to help me building a workstation which is just right for web development and web design work.

One more thing - this is a workstation and so absolutely no gaming is required.

So here comes the template.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 19-24K (no budget restrictions but want to make sure we spend only on the right & required hardware)

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • NEW CONFIG

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Nothing
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Config & build a new workstation while ensuring we spend only on the right hardware
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No upgrade for the next 12 months atleast. Only if needed.
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Web Design (photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver)
    • Web Development (LAMP & other opensource)
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Intel
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No Gaming
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Open to suggestions. But would prefer 22"+ monitor
    2. Dual monitor setup (optional)
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes (is it required)
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux (rarely)

I hope I have provided enough inputs on my requirement. So guys please provide me with the best workstation config.

Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Best Regards,
handsomeabhi

^^ You cannot have an over-clocking capable Intel RIG in that tight a budget but this is what I suggest @handsomeabhi --

NON-OVER-CLOCK capable RIG --

Intel Core i5 3450 ~12500/- (does performance scale with more cores / threads -- if yes, you may want to go for the Core i7 3770)
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-

OVER-CLOCK capable RIG --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15000/- (does performance scale with more cores / threads -- if yes, you may want to go for the Core i7 3770k) + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2400/-
ASUS P8Z77-V ~15500/-

COMMON Components --
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4500/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4500/-
NZXT Gamma ~2400/-
DeLL U2312M ~15000/- (an eIPS-panel based monitor will be handy in your situation)
APC BR600VA-IN ~2000/-

If you want a professional graphics card, you can add the --
nVidia Quadro FX600 ~9000/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back