Budget 90k+ Workstation (VFX/animation) and gaming build

seasonic rma is handled by tirupathi enterprises (overclockerzone is their online store name i believe)
their rma process requires shipping the defective part to their head office in Kolkata.
it seems that they do have branches across the country but i don't know if they handle rma too.

so ill be going for Seasonic 850 M12 over the Corsair.

as they dont have the seasonic X :(

just a noob question, i have not looked into this but does the gold or Bronze safety difference ?

these ratings refer to the units efficiency.
with every psu there is some loss of power along the way i.e. if 100 watts is pulled at the wall socket your system will get about 70-80 watts of that power. the better the rating, the higher the units efficiency.
heres is wiki page with a table showing it clearly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus#Efficiency_level_certifications

i don't think there are any safety ratings per say (apart from regulatory compliance).

So again i get a bad service from asus, from all my mails mentioning i wanted the "Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 " they send me the "Asus X99-E WS ". Waited 6 months, just for the USB 3.1, and they send the wrong, saying Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 is out of stock, even after the payments. :mad:

why i want the USB 3.1 motherboard, because don't want to add a PCI card for just USB 3.1 later. :(

@Jules Goes I don't mean to be disrespectful with my question below. (Rather I'm hoping your answer will serve as a source of encouragement.) But I do hope you'll shed some light. Also I hope you will excuse the OT.

Just curious - Does 3d animation (& related fields) pay well enough to enable one to spend so much on a computer rig?

I've always had the idea of a struggling artist in my head - 'You do it for the passion, not for the money' & all.....

But every thread here on TE asking about a build for animation/vfx is budgeted for upwards of Rs. 1 lakh. So not everyone seems to be struggling, :).

How? Is there a secret recipe? Any smart moves that make it so?

Again, I mean no offense. Thanks!

So again i get a bad service from asus, from all my mails mentioning i wanted the "Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 " they send me the "Asus X99-E WS ". Waited 6 months, just for the USB 3.1, and they send the wrong, saying Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 is out of stock, even after the payments. :mad:

why i want the USB 3.1 motherboard, because don't want to add a PCI card for just USB 3.1 later. :(
All these business are being run by people who have zero knowledge of computers. they would have seen usb 3.0 written on the box and thought 3.0 to 3.1 mein pharak kya hain?
they are all in it for YOUR money and you must treat them as such.

@rakesh.kumar :I don't know about antpc. as far as i can tell it doesn't look like good value.
an i5 + r9 270x based system for 1 lakh!
and the devils canyon + gtx 970 system is going for 1.4 lakhs!
none of them include monitors and no mention of which psu, motherboard or ram is used.

@Jules Goes I don't mean to be disrespectful with my question below. (Rather I'm hoping your answer will serve as a source of encouragement.) But I do hope you'll shed some light. Also I hope you will excuse the OT.

Just curious - Does 3d animation (& related fields) pay well enough to enable one to spend so much on a computer rig?

I've always had the idea of a struggling artist in my head - 'You do it for the passion, not for the money' & all.....

But every thread here on TE asking about a build for animation/vfx is budgeted for upwards of Rs. 1 lakh. So not everyone seems to be struggling, :).

How? Is there a secret recipe? Any smart moves that make it so?

Again, I mean no offense. Thanks!
Hey
kidrow,

Yes Animation does pay well, but not all places/people.

Yes, i did struggled like 2-3 years. Did small freelance projects in my town , but here the money is less but in Mumbai its very good. You got to struggle when you get ur 1st job, any field

I saved up for this system like from 2-3 years , Never buy a laptop for animation/VFX, learned it the hard way.[DOUBLEPOST=1439277426][/DOUBLEPOST]Now Asus saying to go for the Asus X99-E WS for now, when the Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 is available they will exchange it with the price difference.:mad:

Hows asrock motherboards and service in India ?

Last edited:
Hey
kidrow,

Yes Animation does pay well, but not all places/people.

Yes, i did struggled like 2-3 years. Did small freelance projects in my town , but here the money is less but in Mumbai its very good. You got to struggle when you get ur 1st job, any field

I saved up for this system like from 2-3 years , Never buy a laptop for animation/VFX, learned it the hard way.

Hey, thanks for your feedback, & that's encouraging indeed. What would you say is the usual career path to get to a level where you are earning well enough - Work a few years at a studio & then set up your own business/freelance? Or can someone who continues to work at a studio as an employee expect to achieve the same? & would you the same would apply to a modeler or texture artist (i.e. to a non-vfx/animation artist) as well?

Apologies if my questions are bothering you. It's just that I'm trying to make a transition to being a full-time 3d artist & would appreciate a professional's perspective. (To give an idea of where I'm coming from, here's a thread from a few years ago - https://www.techenclave.com/communi...mation-cg-as-a-career-in-india-mumbai.126787/ . Yes, it's embarassing that it's taken so long, :( . The good news is I'm still plugging away at it in my spare time).

Thanks for your time. Also, I can completely understand if you do not reply. (After all, this is your thread that I'm blatantly hijacking...).

Cheers! Good day!

H05wT2.jpg

So all parts are here finally, only the motherboard is remaining thanks to asus

will a modified sine wave UPS work with seasonic ?? NUMERIC DIGITAL LI 2000 HR UPS or Eaton 5EL 2000 VA

I'm still without a motherboards ......Asus sales is so bad.... So which is good AsRock or gigabyte ??

Hows asrock motherboards and service in India ?

Back