PC Peripherals world space deal

atinsood

Disciple
hi all

therez a new deal on worldspace radio in papers. guess u've read bout it. Rs 2000 for worldspace radio which includes Rs 500 as 3 month sbscription fee. i think itz a pretty good deal.

so howz the deal??????????? plus it would be great if u can tell me more bout worldspace.

I went today to a dealer in Hadapsar, Pune. This was the guy listed in the newspaper ads for WorldSpace. Wanted to find out more info and "touch-n-feel" the product.

He was a little lost. He said that he has not received any information from the company. He claimed that they sent him a notification letter and then started running the ads but that no one from WorldSpace has visited him or even told him anything about the product.

I have tried calling the 1-600 (toll free) number as well as the Pune number but I never get a clear answer. They point me to a store on MG Road that I cannot locate and whose phone is perpetually unanswered. They even took down my home address and said that someone would call and/or visit me to show a demo of the product.

My only concern is that the antenna is directional and if you buy it in the store and bring it home, then you may not find an optimum location. I figured that a money-back guarantee or a home demo might help... still looking!

you need not worry about reception.

All you need to so it point it in SE direction where there is even 1cm of sky visible and it picks up channels perfectly.

There are over 40 channels including quiet a few indian language channels. Crystal clear receprion and honestly its a good deal. Get the model with PC USB interface for obvious reasons ;)

One of my good friends has bought this and i am planning to buy it next month.

guys ur replies haven't helped me. should i or should i not go for the deal.

tell me more bout the models available and their prices. and do u guys have any idea bout the model they r providin wid d deal i told u guys bout in my earlier post

atinsood said:
guys ur replies haven't helped me. should i or should i not go for the deal.

tell me more bout the models available and their prices. and do u guys have any idea bout the model they r providin wid d deal i told u guys bout in my earlier post

dude we can give you few pointers, you have to travel the path, as we dont subscribe to world space, anyways check there website, in the faq's they answer a lot of your questions...

just think about the subscription costs also....anymore doubts feel free to ask...:hap2:

this is from there website :D
Satellite Radio Cost Of Satellite Radio Cost of 1-year Subscription Total

BPL Diva* Rs 3,790 Rs 1,800 Rs 5,590.00
BPL Celeste II Rs 4,990 Rs 1,800 Rs 6,790.00
Tongshi Rs 8,190 Rs 1,800 Rs 9,990.00
Polytron Rs 6,790 Rs 1, 800 Rs 8,590.00

Please see the link WorldSpace Satellite Radios for more details
*The BPL Diva is now available at a special price of Rs 1,999.00 only!

That's Rs 1,499 for the WorldSpace Satellite Radio and Rs 500 for 3 months subscription!

Hurry! This is limited period offer only. Offer valid 'till stocks last!

Click here to find your nearest WorldSpace outlet

I used to use a Worldspace radio (from 2001-2003 while it was free)

The snd quality is frankly not too great and at best is ~ FM quality

Get a dedicated 256 net conn for your radio needs na and stream audio off XM radio and/or shoutcast.....

lol, my folks just bought this for the clinic, and theyre using it with some generic comp speakers. embarassing. Atleast they're happy, eh :)

Back