Android Worth getting the 6gb instead of 4gb variant of redmi pad tablet?

mysticrainman

Disciple
I'm looking at redmi pad at the amazon sale. I can see 2 variants of the same product: 4gb, 6gb. Generally, can we expect an improvement in usage experience (especially around lag) with bump up in Ram capacity, provided the storage and chipset remain the same across the variants?

Essentially, is it worth buying the top variant? Or will 4gb suffice?

can we expect an improvement in usage experience (especially around lag)
I personally feel that the RAM improvement is only gonna help in retaining more apps in memory (not a lot though), it won't help in lag while scrolling or switching apps.

Consider iOS devices, they don't even mention how much RAM they have in their spec sheet, they have been providing smooth experience even with 2GB RAM in the past. It's the CPU that matters more after that probably the RAM, then the software.

I personally feel that the RAM improvement is only gonna help in retaining more apps in memory (not a lot though), it won't help in lag while scrolling or switching apps.

Consider iOS devices, they don't even mention how much RAM they have in their spec sheet, they have been providing smooth experience even with 2GB RAM in the past. It's the CPU that matters more after that probably the RAM, then the software.
This is useful thanks.. I don't plan to use a lot of apps together to multitask. Shall I assume experience degradation over time? How is it iOS vs Android? I've heard Android tablet space is pretty bad

Back