Would a macbook air work without a battery?

Hey,

So here's the deal: Iv had a macbook air since its first gen launch, and now the battery expanded and hence bloated the tightly packed laptop casing, leading me to have to remove/replace the battery. which is a very expensive affair as with all mac spares. the battery itself is costing me 7g's!:no:

Hence i thought i might aswell buy a new notebook and use the macbook air without a battery/ connected to power like a desktop.. issue is before i remove the battery i want to know if this would work and or if it puts the notebook at risk in any way?

Well, it shouldn't damage your hardware, but you do risk data loss.

I usually run my laptop without battery when I am at home, within reach of a plug. Havent faced any problems or issues with this usage pattern. The only issue is when there is a power cut, you'll loose whatever wasnt saved.

If you are hooked to a UPS, then I dont really see any issues.

well.. honestly i took the risk and trashed the battery before reading these posts..;) the freaking battery was expanding a little too much and was almost on the verge of cracking the laptop casing!

anyways for those looking for an answer to this question: yes you can use this laptop without the battery.. it runs just fine on power.. but like the others said a ups only helps which is y im using a microtek ups which i had lying around spare for the laptop..!

now if someone would help me source a cheap macbook pro/air from us!;)

Back