Would like to donate my gaming pc in Bangalore

salluks

Adept
So, I've moved to dubai and don't stay in india anymore.

I have a gaming pc back there that I initially wanted to sell since I had invested quite a lot on it. But I've finally decided to instead donate it to the less fortunate as i dont have enough time to sell as i will only stay in india for 2 weeks.

I wanted to check if anybody knows a place or someone who would want to take it in Bangalore as i atleast would like to see that it's going to the right person.

If u know anyone in bangalore, kindly let me know.

You can gift it to an orphanage, or similar institution.
Agree as if he gives it to someone then we might see his stuffs selling here

@OP give it to needy or just post an add on olx and keep the price low, people will surely buy and will visit your place to pick it. Good thing would that you will get some cash and it wont be with someone pretending to be needy (People will come to you saying Bla..Bla..Bla and you will see them selling your PC next day)

I would say to list a thread on Erodov and here and see the response someone may buy it from your city.

OP, post it on ebay and keep it open for bidding. Mention that you are going to donate all the money(post ebay charges). And promise the buyer that you will send proof. And you can also buy a brand new rig and donate that instead.

You will be surprised to know that they are good philanthropic Indians also :)

Donate it to a government school or orphanage. A rural school will really appreciate the computer. I can help you coordinate with it since I also live in Bangalore.

P.S. I also have another old CPU that I better donate to someone. It's an AMD64 3000+ with 2GB DDR RAM. Not sure whether it still works, but it should (HDD working is the doubt I have).[DOUBLEPOST=1408181357][/DOUBLEPOST]Just found about these guys: http://www.ananyatrustindia.org/

Have a contact there who's ready to help. Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:
Donate it to a government school or orphanage. A rural school will really appreciate the computer. I can help you coordinate with it since I also live in Bangalore.

P.S. I also have another old CPU that I better donate to someone. It's an AMD64 3000+ with 2GB DDR RAM. Not sure whether it still works, but it should (HDD working is the doubt I have).[DOUBLEPOST=1408181357][/DOUBLEPOST]Just found about these guys: http://www.ananyatrustindia.org/

Have a contact there who's ready to help. Let me know if you're interested.
Defnitely interested. I'll

If it's top-end, it will make more sense to sell it and then use the money to build 2-3 basic PCs and then donate them.

If it's top-end, it will make more sense to sell it and then use the money to build 2-3 basic PCs and then donate them.
Makes sense. The OP hasn't mentioned the specs of his system yet. Though, selling a PC and then building two more seems redundant. The foundation may make use of a powerful PC too. Let the kids play games too :) Maybe they will also make them one day.

Somewhat related to the topic, how much would it take to build a low cost PC? Is there someone who can build one using parts from various PCs/laptops?

Back