Wow - So many unsuccessful signin attempts to my Microsoft account. (400+ attempts in few weeks)

Futureized

Skilled
This is insane.
How to further safe guard this account, its official and use it on most important places.

1. Just added MS Authenticator app on my Android:
The Microsoft Authenticator phone app not only adds another security layer to your Microsoft account, but it also lets you sign in to your account from your phone without a password.

2. Added Security Code for signin

3. You have increased the security of your account and improved your sign-in experience by removing your password.

Attachments

• ms sign 1.png
    ms sign 1.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Similar with me.
Dozens of unsuccessful log in attempts from all over the world daily.
I had asked MS about this on chat support, they said as long as it is unsuccessful, nothing to worry about.
Most of them have a reason stated as incorrect password. Probably from some past password leaks and the hackers brute forcing id pw combos.

The reason for this is your email is exposed to the public. I have the same issue and I checked my account details and saw my email is accessed from different countries. I checked my 1-month activity and there were 84 pages of unsuccessful attempts. Yesterday I contacted Microsoft customer care and one told me the ultimate solution.

Solution

First, open your Outlook email account, and then under your photo, click "My Microsoft account". On the new page, click "Your info". Now look for the "Account info" section and click "Sign-in preferences". On the new page, see the "Account aliases" section and add an email address or phone number that nobody knows. Make sure the email address or phone number that you are adding is working one's. Remember, DO NOT remove your Outlook email address from here because it will permanently delete your Outlook email address forever. After adding the new email address or phone number, click "Make primary" as the new email address or phone number so that your outlook email address is not primary now. Now click "Change sign-in preferences" from the bottom. On the new page, uncheck your Outlook email address box and check the newly added email address box or phone number box that you want to use as your login email address or phone number. Now onwards, when the hacker tries to use your email address to log in, Microsoft says, that email address does not exist. Remember, you can still send and receive emails using your email address. Additionally, you can sign out from everywhere by visiting your account page. Click the "Security" tab, and look for "Manage how I sign in" under the "Account" section. This will sign out from every device that your Outlook email address is connected to. Thanks, Microsoft for this excellent work.

Back