OC & Modding Wrong FSB shown in AiBooster

Freaky

ex-Mod
I've tried setting the FSB multiplier to 2 or 3 in the BIOS but still AiBooster shows it to be running @ 4x. Am running the FSB @ 232 and so 232*4 = 928 when the multiplier in the BIOS is 2x. Now everything was working fine till yesterday when I, dunno why ( maybe stupidity ), tried Clockgen for NF4. After that the FSB multiplier refuses to change from 4x. Is there any other s/w which might tell me what the correct FSB multi that my rig is running at ? And I've tried resetting the BIOS to it's defaults and then OC'ed again.

I would presonally, not use the AIBooster utility by Asus.Its good for casual overclocking but if you really want to do more, BIOS and Clockgen,A64tweaker is the way to go.
I would recommend you do this -
1] Uninstall AiBooster
2] Restart,Load Setup Defaults in BIOS,Reboot
3] Boot into windows,use Clockgen to OC
4] I guess that should get you started.
5] Use A64 Tweaker for tweaking your RAM.

I hope this helps.

Hi Darky,
I did not use the AiBooster to OC. I used BIOS settings to OC. Tried Clockgen yesterday after which the FSB in AiBooster keeps showing as HTT*4x. The 4x refuses to change even when I change the multi in BIOS. The multi when I took the above screenshot was 2x but still the FSB is running at 4x. AiBooster was showing the correct FSB as HTT*3x ( which was my setting then ) till I used Clockgen yesterday afternoon.

Hmm have you used the correct version of Clockgen ?
Also have you done above mentioned things ? the ones in my previous post ?

I think cpuid.com has only one version of Clockgen for NF4 boards and I've that. Everything else is fine, Darky but for the FSB part. And AiBooster is the only S/W which enables me to see the speed of the FSB. R there any alternative S/W which might lemme see the FSB speed ? And I used Clockgen yesterday only to increase the voltage of the CPU as Prime failed at 235*10 at 1.50. So I increased the volts to 1.525 using Clockgen and Prime ran fine. But got this FSB multi locked at 4x ever after. Do u think clearing the CMOS might help? I will also try uninstalling and reinstalling AiBooster. Am NOT using AiBooster for OC'ing but for monitoring.

Tried everything Darky. Still AiBooster shows the FSB to be running 4x when the setting in the BIOS is 3x. Any solutions ??

Freaky said:
Tried everything Darky. Still AiBooster shows the FSB to be running 4x when the setting in the BIOS is 3x. Any solutions ??

Try using Everest Home Edition 2.0
or Sisoft Sandra,both will give you in depth info about your System,see what these 2 report. ;)

Freaky said:
Thx Darky. Used Everest and it shows the correct FSB. Dunno why the AiBooster is going funk with the FSB.

Well not many use the AIBooster tool.I guess thats because its not a great tool. :D

Back