Car & Bike WTB 2 cars. One for looks and one for utility

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Hello Everyone,

Well i am looking to buy 2 cars. The following are the requirements:

Car 1:
  • This car will be used for business meetings at 90% of the times.
  • Need an impressive looking car.
  • Must have the big car feel and luxury.
  • Must be very comfortable at the rear. Coz i'll be sitting there ;)
  • Good and spacious. Stylish but subtle.
  • Prefer a good brand. But open for anything that beats the brands for value.
  • Type: Sedan preferred
  • Budget : 35-50 lacs (Nothing more than that)
Car 2:
  • This car is for my family commuting.
  • Need a car that has space to accommodate a family of 5 with ease.
  • Need a balance of everything and must comfortable for long drives as well.
  • Type: MUV preferred
  • Nothing fancy required here but a car that gives best bang for bucks value.
  • Budget: 15 lacs (if car is good a few lacs more is not a constraint)
I am planning to get these cars, in this month itself if possible. Prefer the Japanese manufacturers for a family car. Somehow feel they are a bit more reliable.
Kindly suggest the best possible options available. :)

Last edited:
Do not think the xf s would come under 50 lakhs.

The new E class would be perfect for requirement no. 1 imo.

About the 2nd, the Innova as mentioned above is perfect.

Thanks guys for the reply. Appreciate it. Would love to get the jag. But need something for future too. ;)

For, now. These are the options. Main thing is not the engine. Its the comfort level and rear space for car 1.

And innova is an obvious choice. Hows the rexton? or the CRV for car 2?

The Rexton is fantastic for 5 people but absolutely awful for 7. The CRV is vry nimble and has the best ride quality of the lot in my opinion.

Car 1 - skoda superd, a4/a6, Mercedes e class.

Car 2 - skoda yeti, xuv 500, innova.

I would pick the superb over a 3.series or a4. If your going around 50 lacs then the rest comes in play.

Crv is around 30l and the new one.looks simply awesome. If u can spend 30 on car 2, get it.

Car 2 should have seating for 6 at the very least. So any car with just 5 seaters is not going to cut it, since there is a driver.

Car 1 - Trimming the choices down to a6 and the e-class. Will give the 5 series a thought too.

Car 2 - Does nothing come near the Innova? Xuv 500 is ummm, is a bit over done in the interiors.

Excellent choice. For second you could have gone for the XUV5OO. Top End. Nothing to go for.

Anyways best of luck with the Beemer. Make sure you tip and befriend the mechanic always. Notorious they are.

Excellent choice. For second you could have gone for the XUV5OO. Top End. Nothing to go for.

Anyways best of luck with the Beemer. Make sure you tip and befriend the mechanic always. Notorious they are.
Thanks for the suggestion. I saw the xuv 500, but the interiors feel low quality when compared to the subtle feel of the toyota innova. It feels like there are not many choices in the 5-7 seater MUV section in India.

Back