WTB: 400 or 450 watt psu with 6-pin pci express connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

devp24

Disciple
hi friends....i need a 400 or 450 watt psu (preferably 450 watt) having a 6-pin pci express connector....i have a 7800Gt video card but dont have the connector for it...so require a PSU with the connector built into it....if ne1 got it, please quote the pricesssss.........

i thought a zebronics or a VIP should suffice.....antec and coolermaster are very costly....thought of going for a cheaper alternative

Don't know of 6 pin connector, buy a cooler master or antec 450 watts will come for probably 3.5-4, brand new.

consider 450/500 watts powersafe, but I would personally stay away from them unless on a really tight budget.
Consider cooler master 430 as well.

^^Does that come with a PCIE connector?

Anyway devp24, diddnt ur card come with PCIE to molex power connectors?

buy the Zebronics Power One 540W Power Supply.

it comes with a 6-pin pci express connector too.

^^ About 5k-ish.

Do consider the Vantec Ion2 480W. Awesome PSU with 30+ A on 12v, comes with sleeved cables, superb quality finish for about 3.8k

zebronics sells both skyhawk and local brands, skyhawk may be better than local, probably is, but none of them compete with decent brands like antec.

@topic

The zebby seems too expensive as you say...

i think you will get an antec 400-450watt easily under 3.5k and all of antec's (400W and above) have the 6pin PCIe connectors.

thanks for the replies frens....i tried searching all the shops in my area for a PSU but didnt get ne with a 6-pin connector.......one of the shops told me to get an antec for 4k.....that seems tooo costly for me.....

if ne1 has information about the shops that have PSU available with the connector in Lamington road for around 2-3k, please provide me with the name of the shop.....i am thinking of going to lamington tommorow...

thanks again..............

devp24 said:
thanks for the suggestion...if its around 2-2.5k, I will go for it !!!

It is ! Should be around 2.5k. You can ask for Colorsit 500W also if available. Both come with a 3 year warranty. :)

hey guyz.....i searched the whole of lamington road today, but couldnt find ne VIP, Zebronics or Colorsit with a 6-pin PCI Express connectors...all that was available was normal PSU's...also antecs that were available were quoted very high, around 6-7k...most of the shops didnt had ne idea of antec PSUs....after trying everything, luckily I founf a loose 6 pin connector that would fit my video card, got some loose power connectors and now I will need to solder them all together and use with the PSU.......

if ne1 has ne idea of and model number of ne PSU available with the 6-pin connector, please help me out....

thanks

My one year old Antec SL450 has 25A on 12va line and today antec 450 has 30A or higher ,probably

stay away from crappy powersafe

check the graphic card manual for the power consumpotion on +12va line

Crappy Powersafe ? Why is that so ? Does Antec have a PSU for 2500 with 24A on the 12V rail ? The cheapest Antec is the Antec SP 350W which wont be able to handle his system. A Powersafe 500W is more than sufficient for his system.

Dude do as suhayl says and get that connector and use it with your PSU.

i did try to find that connector, but it wasnt available in the whole of lamington....hey suhayl do u know ne shop where it would be available.....if not, I will need to make the connector by myself at home.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back