WTB: 6600GT AGP Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard you will need a 400W psu with atleast 12V-17A for running 6600gt properly but people have managed to run on lower PSUs as well. :)

VIVO got both video in and video out (comes in handy if you want to record your tv/console programs)

Golden sample edition is factory overclocked so you wont need to over clock it. :)
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Roundup. Round 1: PCI-E

that review is for pcie versions but should give you an idea.

Good luck with the card.

arjun123 said:
I heard you will need a 400W psu with atleast 12V-17A for running 6600gt properly but people have managed to run on lower PSUs as well. :)

VIVO got both video in and video out (comes in handy if you want to record your tv/console programs)

Golden sample edition is factory overclocked so you wont need to over clock it. :)
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Roundup. Round 1: PCI-E

that review is for pcie versions but should give you an idea.

Good luck with the card.
hey whats 12v-17v...plzz tell me how do i chk tht ??

There should be a diagram like that on your PSU.

Check the +12V line and see whats the max supported.

Attachments

• specchart.jpg
    specchart.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 66
ya theres something called DC OUT out max written on the PSU.i have typed all tht i could see on the PSU !some part is hidden !

PERX -pentium 4 Switching power supply - model no SZ-350P4..

the +12 v line supports max dc output of 14 A is this ok ?so will i able to install the 6600gt or need to buy PSU ?

umm...not sure but i think all cards have a 3 yr warranty :|

wrong gainward had announced a 1 year warranty for their later cards... besides the newer gainwards had developed some problems also... some of the cards mind ya, not all.

faheem - I'd say check up a bit and then buy

i have already..ordered the card..and done the payment !!

the person who is selling it told he got ot last OCT.and it has 3 years warranty..!!what do i do ..now..he assured me tht the card is rocking !

faheem_m said:
i have already..ordered the card..and done the payment !!
the person who is selling it told he got ot last OCT.and it has 3 years warranty..!!what do i do ..now..he assured me tht the card is rocking !

Make sure he sends you the original bill with the purchase. Now that you've paid there is little else you can do. I may be wrong too and you just may get the three year warranty, depends which model it is, and when it was shipped here.

Not to worry.... get in in hand and then we'll see

also plzz help me regarding the PSU will my current one do..see other replies..in this thread for more details on PSU..or see my rig pics..in MY RIG

faheem_m said:
ya theres something called DC OUT out max written on the PSU.i have typed all tht i could see on the PSU !some part is hidden !

PERX -pentium 4 Switching power supply - model no SZ-350P4..
the +12 v line supports max dc output of 14 A is this ok ?so will i able to install the 6600gt or need to buy PSU ?

perx is crap pal... I think you should go for something 450 wattish... VIP is good enough for a 6600GT.

what will be the cost for a good 450 w PSU ?which one will be good and also..not very expensive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back