WTB: A used AGP card + A decent PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argus

Adept
Friends, I am looking for an immediate purchase for the following :

(1.) A low cost used 8x AGP graphics card for my pc.
Budget : 4k (stretchable)

(2.) A PSU would prefer a better quality used one
Doubt 1 : My processor is AMD 2800 64 bit and the mobo is Asus K8S MX so which one would I need 20 pin or 24 pin :huh:
Doubt 2 : The following components will draw power from the PSU -> (160 gigger, 80 gigger, CDRW, DVDRW, 2 extra cabinet fans, the agp) . . . so how much watt PSU would I require :huh:
Budget : upto 2.5k

Please PM me your offers or post here :)

blade was selling his 9600xt, and someone else was selling a 9800 pro. Also puns friend had a 9600xt for sale. You can check these threads in the market.

@zhopudey: Thanks mate :) Im already in touch with two of the guys you mentioned. Will explore more in the "market" for PSU.

@shahbaaz_vision: I already have a normal 300W PSU which is handling -> (160 gigger, 80 gigger, CDRW, DVDRW, 2 extra cabinet fans). Im afraid it will go kaput the moment I will plug in my yet-to-aquire agp. So as a precautionary measure I want to go for a better PSU. And reg. MX400, I was looking for something less arcaic :p tho with my budget, Im eventually going to end up with an ancient card anyhow :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I have a Leadtek Geforce 5700U. Ive upgraded last week so dont need it anymore. It was bought from HK about 14 months ago so doesnt carry any local warranties. Also have a 500W Odyssey dual fan psu, bought about 10 days ago for testing purposes for 1100. Lemme know if ur interested.

A Ti4200 8x 128 MB VIVO DDR, about an year and half old. So if you are interested in a VIVO card, do inform me.

BTW wolfff, how much you expecting for that 5700ultra?

Have a modded 9700Pro for sale for 5k. Comes with a different cooler than stock to reduce temperatures. Will do vmods if you want me to. Will fit the stock back also if you need. PM for details.

Raghu.

@Wolfff : How much do u seek for the 5700U ?

The PSU seems nice enough for my needs :hap2: Does it offer good quality like Antec or powersafe ones ? Is there any warranty ?

@Raghunandan : Sorry, I feel its way overpriced :(

Sorry Raghu, cudnt edit my last post. YGPM. I've heard it has heating probs. My mobo is already hot enough despite 2 extra fans. And pardon my ignorance :p , what are vmods and what performance gain has been achieved.

Thanks shaken :)

Argus said:
@Wolfff : How much do u seek for the 5700U ?
The PSU seems nice enough for my needs :hap2: Does it offer good quality like Antec or powersafe ones ? Is there any warranty ?

Bout 3.5k shipped seems right i guess. Its leadtek and DDR3.

And yea, the odyssey 500w is a fine psu, u get wat u pay for. Currently its running a 6800u with 1hdd and 1combo-drive without any probs.
And ofcourse a psu like odyssey doesnt offer the same quality like Antec. I mean cmon mate, its not even half as good as antec :bleh:

I have an Antec Smart Power 350W PSU for sale.

I'll handle your config easily, comes with dual 80mm smart exhuasts and all the other stuff as in SATA connectors, etc.

Price : Rs. 1500 plus shipping :)

Argus said:
He he he :bleh:
How much would you ask for the PSU
Lol i have short memory, thought that was 4k earlier. Still stands at 3k then :p

I got the psu for 1100, so ill make it 1k shipped. Its only about 10 days old. Tho I cant ship it for a couple of days, waiting for my psu from apo.

Regarding AGP : I've given my word to a person and i hope to get it in a week or so.
Regarding PSU : Still looking for one. Will do some asking around and finalise soon.

Seekind advise : Will 350w suffice for 2odd + 2hdd + 2 cabinet fans + my-yet-to-aquire-agp ? :huh:

I was looking for a 400-500w PSU, but I'm not sure how to calculate my power requirements, so if a 350 watter is enough then I would prefer an Antec over others.

OT : Thanks to TE for providing such a superior platform. :clap:

Argus said:
Seekind advise : Will 350w suffice for 2odd + 2hdd + 2 cabinet fans + my-yet-to-aquire-agp ? :huh:

I used my Antec with 2 160GB SATA HDD's, 3 case fans, a Gainward 6800 AGP, 2 Optical drives and an overclocked AMD 64 3000+

What more do you want to use ;) ?

It has rock-stable voltages, Antec cooling and 3 years warranty :)

@Shakensoul : Thanks for pointing out :) I don't know what my greenies are worth but tried to send one your way :D Using your thread i've found that my rig will require minimum 300w, agp included. Adding +50w for future requirements. So I need 350w power.

So it seems I can only go for 450w psu or higher. An 80% efficient 450w psu will deliver at least 360w. Hope I'm not assuming wrong. A local dealer is offering new Zebronics 450w PSU with 3 year warrenty for Rs. 900+tax. This would be my first preference and the Antec one from Anish bro would be the second.

Thanks for your greenies, it doesn't matter if they are black or green ;) ;) they are worth millions to me........:hap2: :hap2:

About the PSU, use your best judgement. Check for the power ratings on the +12V rail....depending on that decide on the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back