WTB:Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

daumaster

Disciple
Want an used but working Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo for my old system asap, as my mobo has been fried. Processor not required. Will transfer money through SBI NEFT online.

rather unreliable board. Most of them didnt last long- all my friends in college bought them (including me), and not a single one of them is around today. I doubt if you'll find one , heck, any socket A Nforce motherboard. Good luck anyway.

Mine A7N8X Dlx is still working ;) Imported from the states. must be 5-6 years old now i believe.

greenhorn said:
rather unreliable board. Most of them didnt last long- all my friends in college bought them (including me), and not a single one of them is around today. I doubt if you'll find one , heck, any socket A Nforce motherboard. Good luck anyway.

ehh? :S i still have my a7n8x dlx board, working fine along with a athlon 1800+ dlt3c jiuhb. didnt sell cuz it was one of my fav mobo cpu combos

PM'd saumilsingh. No response so far.
My combo of mobo+AthlonXP 2400+ lasted for 4 solid years. Mobo started failing POST & BSoDs started coming since last week, which was due to a burnt RAM module.
Assembled a rig with the same config for my father-in-law, which is still working.
Wonder if the missus will let me bring back that mobo !!!

I had installed my old A7N mobo at my in-laws place in Bombay. Will check if it's still around when i go there end of this month.

If not being used: I'll pass it along for free with the proccy (Athlon 2400) as long as you know someone who can collect it from andheri. (can't get into the packing and courier hassles)

greenhorn said:

+1 to that, mine died of a power chip failure iirc. Not just the e-dlx 1.1 and 1.3 PCBs even the a7n8x-x 1.3s were pretty failure prone. A frnzs dlx 2.0 pcb lasted quite long though.

Thanks for your offer, s_anuj.
Will be going to my in-laws place day after tomorrow for some other purpose.
If the pc is gathering dust there, will bring back the mobo.
If its not asking for too much, could you deliver it at our office in Worli ?

daumaster said:
PM'd saumilsingh. No response so far.
My combo of mobo+AthlonXP 2400+ lasted for 4 solid years. Mobo started failing POST & BSoDs started coming since last week, which was due to a burnt RAM module.
Assembled a rig with the same config for my father-in-law, which is still working.
Wonder if the missus will let me bring back that mobo !!!
Sorry for not replying to the PM but I have an A7N8X-VM which I think is a cut-down version of the Deluxe model.

Also it was giving some problems like random lockups and reboots when I last checked it months ago.
But recently when I gave it to a friend to test, he managed to get it running just fine so don't know where the problem is.

Thanks for responding, saumilsingh. Also, your honesty is to be appreciated in today's present scenario.
Had bought an A7N8x Deluxe mobo + Athlon XP 2400+ proccy from this forum in Dec 2007 from racy, based in Bhopal. The mobo seems to be a dud. I swapped the proccy for my old Athlon XP 2400+, cleared the bios by removing the CMOS battery & switching jumpers, after which I entered the bios twice. The hdd was not detected. After that, I could not boot into the bios at all.
Any suggestions, anyone ?

daumaster said:
Thanks for responding, saumilsingh. Also, your honesty is to be appreciated in today's present scenario.
Had bought an A7N8x Deluxe mobo + Athlon XP 2400+ proccy from this forum in Dec 2007 from racy, based in Bhopal. The mobo seems to be a dud. I swapped the proccy for my old Athlon XP 2400+, cleared the bios by removing the CMOS battery & switching jumpers, after which I entered the bios twice. The hdd was not detected. After that, I could not boot into the bios at all.
Any suggestions, anyone ?

The HDD not getting detected was a very common issue with these boards. It generally happened with me when I had multiple HDDs in the system... I really don't know what causes it, but swapping the slots of my RAM modules and re-connecting the Mobo 12v supply did the trick...

In my case, flashing the BIOS to the latest version (dont remember which one it was now) made this board a lot more stable... try doing that if you are able to get a post :bleh:

try swapping ram sticks. as the mobo begins to die, it becomes pickier and pickier about the RAM sticks. it doesnt like cheap ( simmtronics, hynix etc RAMS ) , and DDR 400 rams also methinks. Try swapping ram slots. I wouldnt bother though. I didnt with mine

Thanks agefreak, greenhorn & sashijoseph. Will try these tips out in the evening today.

The single 512MB RAM module is part of an OCZ EL Dual Channel Platinum Rev2 2X512MB set, with 2-2-2-5 timing. One 512MB stick has become corrupted in my earlier rig. Trying for an RMA.

daumaster said:
Thanks agefreak, greenhorn & sashijoseph. Will try these tips out in the evening today.

The single 512MB RAM module is part of an OCZ EL Dual Channel Platinum Rev2 2X512MB set, with 2-2-2-5 timing. One 512MB stick has become corrupted in my earlier rig. Trying for an RMA.

Change the timings to 2.5-3-3-7 & then check... It might be the RAM... this model is very selective with RAM's...

I had been using this RAM module in my last A7N8X Deluxe mobo, along with the corrupted one in dual mode for the last 2 years.

Got the A7N8 X Deluxe mobo from my in laws pc last week, as they were not using it anyway.

Got the pc to boot with my old Athlon XP 2400+ cpu (not my in-laws' Athlon XP 1800+ cpu) and a new heat sink (no copper base). Formatted & installed WinXP in D drive, as Win 98 in C drive was found intact. PC ran okay for a week with intermittent shutdowns due to overheating.

Changed the heat sink with the old heat sink with copper base yesterday. On powering up the pc, bios flashed the message " Cpu has been changed". Saved the bios & tried to boot, but pc not booting now.

Took out the CMOS battery & tried, but pc still not booting, though all fans, DVD drives, HDDs are running.

Any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back