Car & Bike WTB Car within 5.0 Lacs

Nissan Micra is the latest addition in this segment. Do have a look :) It would however be hard to speak on the A.S.S at this point since it is a fairly new company in this segment.

I was about to book my figo zxi (petrol) yesterday... i've gone through all the forums/reviews and every piece of information regarding this car over www looking for the negative points about the car by owners. I had a list of around 18 things to test while TD'ing the car. Everything was perfect except 3 things.

(1) The car sometimes skip the first gear and vibrates.

(2) The car vibrates when the ac is on and you try to pick it in the 2nd gear. (which should'nt happen in a new car i suopose!)

(3) The window does not close properly (yes close!!)

The third point was the MAIN reason that led me reject this car because the outside noise within the car was a LOT!! even more than my maruti 800! I stopped and asked that SA guy to see if the windows are completely closed and he confimed that they are. After the TD I noticed that the left rear window was opened a tad bit (enough to insert my finger). And this was not only in this car, i noticed it in all the other demo cars. There was a family who just came after the TD i noticed the same flaw in their car too!

Trust me, outside noise coming inside the car is a HUGE disturbance!! i could'nt drive for 5 mins!! it was so distracting! When i told my SA about it he said he has'nt had any complaint regarding this issue from any of the owners. But i know this for a fact that it is an issue with figo because the same issue was with a guy in chennai who had purchased the car (read in some forum).

The thing here is, you cannot see if the window is opened if you are sitting in the car because of the rubber lining. It is only visible from the outside. And it's not only with the left side window but the right side window also goes down to a certain level that i can insert my nail through it.

I was very impressed with this car and was about to book it there and then, but this issue made me rethink and reject the decision as in-car peace free from noise if something what everybody wants.

hope ford comes up with something to resolve this issue.

And i guess i'll have to jump to the same old, sturdy and efficient swift now :)..and maybe look at other options which you guys have mentioned...ny idea how much the i20 costs in delhi? base model?

Cheers!

@agantuk

would TD the micra for sure, but not sure if it would impress me :)

^^^
More than the noise, it's a major security issue. I've read about it in team-bhp, so it might be true. Figo petrol's FE is very inconsistent too, AFAIK.

i20 ex showroom base model is around 4.8L, so it's slightly out of your budget.

At 4.5L, your options are Beat LT, Ritz and Swift base models and i10. Among them, I strongly recommend Beat LT as it's well equipped for the price, is VFM, but slightly smaller.

arun687 said:
^^^
More than the noise, it's a major security issue. I've read about it in team-bhp, so it might be true. Figo petrol's FE is very inconsistent too, AFAIK.

i20 ex showroom base model is around 4.8L, so it's slightly out of your budget.

At 4.5L, your options are Beat LT, Ritz and Swift base models and i10. Among them, I strongly recommend Beat LT as it's well equipped for the price, is VFM, but slightly smaller.
true...beat is a smaller car...and i10 too....

i'm looking forward to i20 and swift...

what would u guys suggest? i20 better than swift?

cooler2005 said:
true...beat is a smaller car...and i10 too....

i'm looking forward to i20 and swift...

what would u guys suggest? i20 better than swift?
Sorry, I think i20 Era which is base model is for 4.52L, not 4.8L as I mentioned before. Swift Vxi for 4.53L. Both have similar features. i20 is more spacious and a little fresher than Swift. I would go for i20.

do you guys think it would be decent enough to wait for the new swift launching in appril'11..?? i am anyways going for Lxi or max Vxi in swift...would it be any good if i wait?

cooler2005 said:
do you guys think it would be decent enough to wait for the new swift launching in appril'11..?? i am anyways going for Lxi or max Vxi in swift...would it be any good if i wait?
Well that depends on you coz waiting for nearly a year is a lot of time.

Also the current Swift is an excellent drivers car and with a lovely Kseries engine.

Yeah, it does have some quality issues (rattling) but all that can be fixed with some damping material like noisekill.

Trust me, not many cars come close to the driving pleasure the swift gives.

Back