WTB: Cheap C2D Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kniwor

Adept
Hi,

I need a cheap C2D motherboard for a side-system, in which I will be putting my 4300, anyone got anything lying around, I will prefer something that does not have integrated graphics, and is slightly overclockable too....

Also, guys provide me suggestions on any new one that I can buy???

I have a P965-neo, and I don't like it that much, has FSB limit at 265 for 800Mhz strap, dumb MSI people the motherboard does not change strap to 1066. And on top of that, the motehrboard configures strap based on model numbers, not on BSEL, how foolish is that, even the BSEL mods wont work yaar.....

How's overclocking with 650i?

Intel 945G + ICH7 Chipset -

Jetway 945G Rs.2600

Asus P5LD2-VM SE Rs.3800

Gigabyte GA-945GM-S2 Rs.3800

Intel 946GZ Express Chipset -

Intel D946GZIS Rs.4200

deepak said:
Absolutely wonderful

err...whats BSEL?

BSEL Pins, or BSEL registers in CPU have binary values, (BSEL0, BSEL1, BSEL2), I don't know what these are exactly, all I am aware of is that there is a lot of voltage/frequency MODS concerning these pins for LGA775 processors.

For example, a typical C2D motheroard determines the frequency strap of the processor based on certain pins, and then uses the multiplier to get the speed, say 200x9 for an E4300, but by shorting two specific pins on E4300, the motherboard will pick it up as 1066 strap, and the default speed will be 266x9=2.4Ghz, so when u put the modded processor in socket, it is now effectively and E6600, 1066FSB and 2.4Ghz, this is very useful for processors that have FSB wall in the strap, or for motherboards with no Overclocking features, for esample, put an E4300 in 1333 strap and have fun at 3.0Ghz without having a single OC'ing feature in motherboard.

hmmm... maybe I can get any cheap mobo, maybe jetway 945, apply BSEL mod to 333FSB, run the C2D at 3.0Ghz, My E4300 is orthos stable 3.0Ghz at stock voltage, so should not be a problem.

Can anyone tell me what Voltage options are there in the "Jetway 945G Rs.2600" if anyone knows?

Thnx man, really Interesting stuff, simple too if one can get their hands on some silver/copper conuctive pens (Hint :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back