Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
I have a 4.5 year old Mercury Mobo - KOB P4M266a NDMx :ashamed:

Intel P4 @ 2.4Ghz

and 256 MB RAM (DDR i think) :ashamed:

I need any GFX card (AGP i presume) that can be used for watching HD movies (on my 19" widesceen viewsonic), occasional gaming and some RAM too.

I dont mind used/new.

(I might be upgrading my mobo soon, so i'd prefer the GFX card and RAM to be compatible with a newer setup too. - Never mind this)

If you want to sell anything with the above requirements/that will work with my current config, please let me know. :)

I prefer only Chennai sellers. (sorry, but i dont want to deal with shipping issues for now)

Thanks! :)

Also you would need to change everything 'coz the mobo is AGP & none of the AGP card can benefit in HD unless PCI-e...

Which means you should get rid of all those components & get a new setup now...

If on a tight budget then you can consider AMD combo with dual core chip otherwise C2D is your bet.....

thanks for the advice Greenhorn and Racy1.

me still thinking about upgrading, but i just want to use this as a home download/little gaming/movie watching rig for now

greenhorn said:
someone's getting upgraditis soon :D

does it show :ashamed:

Vince said:
thanks for the advice Greenhorn and Racy1.

me still thinking about upgrading, but i just want to use this as a home download/little gaming/movie watching rig for now

does it show :ashamed:
Then you should stick to watching DVD's & DVD-rips.. They will not be that great compared to HD on your Viewsonic but you will have to do with them for the time being.... until you upgrade to a better config....
Else you can get a second hand mobo + CPU combo & then use a PCI-e graphic card to watch atleast 720p HD... Some one here down few threads is selling his pair... So you can check that... & since it was DDR i think you can use your RAM & get some more second hand RAM....

the best agp card you can get is a 7100/6200, which costs about 1.5~2k. for about 2.5, you can get a mobo which has a 6100 onboard

DDR ram costs 1k for 512 MB. for that cash, you can get 1 GB of DDR 2.

that makes a new pc a better proposition :)

Well, if you're going for a new mobo and ram combi, let me know.I have found that gigabyte GA-G31MX-S2 mobo is cheap at 3350 and its latest F4 revision bios can take fsb input clock to 700MHZ :eek:hyeah: . Anyways i have an XBOX360 for sale for chennai lads. if anyone interested let me know

greenhorn said:
the best agp card you can get is a 7100/6200, which costs about 1.5~2k. for about 2.5, you can get a mobo which has a 6100 onboard

DDR ram costs 1k for 512 MB. for that cash, you can get 1 GB of DDR 2.

that makes a new pc a better proposition :)

why can you get new computer AMD 4000+ rig dual core with onboard ati 1200 it has dvi-sub too :eek:hyeah: btw i am sell the 7950 instrested but only pcx16

AMD 4000
JEYWAY 590 mo
and 1gb
all total 6k brand new only ;)

arunhalo said:
why can you get new computer AMD 4000+ rig dual core with onboard ati 1200 it has dvi-sub too :eek:hyeah: btw i am sell the 7950 instrested but only pci express
AMD 4000
JEYWAY 590 mo
and 1gb
all total 6k :)
are u sellin ur gfx card + processor + motherboard + raam for 6k ?????
or just processor + motherboard + ram ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back