Audio WTB Headphones for music

Brendon

Skilled
As the title says I need to buy headphones for music. I will be going on Saturday mostly to LR. I need to buy locally as I need them fast.

My budget is approx 2500, but I can go more if a good choice is there. The headphones will be used for music mainly and some gaming, but looking for music performance mostly. Any suggestions ?

Well, don't know what you can get for 2.5K, but I'm selling my new Philips S-HP805 cans. Bought them a week ago, but now have a chance of getting Senns from US.

Bought for 1195/- from planet-m (damn no bargaining there :() Will sell for 1000/- or more :p

I was about to create another thread for this, but i'll ask it here.

I'm looking for good quality headphones for travelling purposes. Like Sony's in-canal Fontopias, thing is, I can't find them anywhere in Delhi. So any other good alternatives to it which should be available here?

Hey saw a couple of Sennheisers on ebay - hd 202, px100 and the pmx100. Out of the three which is the best for music ?

^Different markets. The PX100s are EXCELLENT portable headphones, the 202s are full-sized headphones.. quite OK. Check out the 485s or 497s..

The HD 202's are closed-ear headphones aka sealed headphones. Soundstage is usually a bit shallow in sealed headphones, but I find them quite good for their price. A nice side-effect(depends on perspective) of closed-ear headphones is the passive noise cancellation.

A younger(cheaper) sibling is the HD 201.. these are garnering quite a bit of attention and some claim they sound better than the upper HD 202, HD 212 models as well. So you could give them a shot. I saw em on IT depot for around the 1.2k mark IIRC.

The PX100 are lightweight portable headphones, as Techhead mentioned they're from a different segment altogether. But those have pretty good reviews too.

A younger(cheaper) sibling is the HD 201.. these are garnering quite a bit of attention and some claim they sound better than the upper HD 202, HD 212 models as well. So you could give them a shot. I saw em on IT depot for around the 1.2k mark IIRC.
^^ HD 201 is crap. It has very less bass. HD 202 is way much better than HD 201. I have also just ordered one for 12.49 £.
HD 202 > HD 205 > HD 201
Check out Head Fidelity Headphone Hi-Fi, Audio, Portable Audio (For headphone reviews etc)

Welcome to the real world ;). I know its nothing compared to some of the idiots on head-fi or audioholics/audioasylum and stuff but i've spent more than 3000$ personally on hifi equipment in the last 6 months heh :p. Once you are in it, u can't step back :rofl:. Whatever you buy, there's *ALWAYS* something better on the horizon :p.

Chaos said:
Welcome to the real world ;). I know its nothing compared to some of the idiots on head-fi or audioholics/audioasylum and stuff but i've spent more than 3000$ personally on hifi equipment in the last 6 months heh :p. Once you are in it, u can't step back :rofl:. Whatever you buy, there's *ALWAYS* something better on the horizon :p.
3000$ OMG...I am just starting up with a sennheiser HD202 and planning to buy a KOSS KSC-75 (this one has been praised million times on head-fi)

Me too looking for an headset and also an earphone or earplug.Plz suggest a good VFM

Headset - for Gaming and movies. Budget 1.5K. Need good BASS.

earphone - for Music. Whichever is better between fontopia and sennheiser.
I saw in ITDEPOT that MX500 is costlier than MX550 why ??? and whether the prices are ok ??

Hope you dont mind BF1983 for stealing thread !!!

OMG! that link! :rofl: :rofl:

so this is where I'll end up blowing all my money when (WHEN) i get sofa king rich

I already have a sennheiser CX 300 on my list .. wonder how big it will grow :D

Say is there any chance I can give negative reps for Chaos and Tarun for forcing me to upgrade my budget ?

And how dare you hijack my thread senfunn ! You ##@@#$$@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#%$#%$#%$%*(#&*%$#&^%&#%^& !

On second thought, its fine.

On third thought, can I get any foreign website to ship headphones to Mumbai India, coz I saw the prices of senn headphones online and they were lless than half the price !

Back