WTB: PSU upto 2K

Wraith said:
as long as the Powersafe 400W keeps powering my pc 24*7 without troubling me...i am fine with it...
approx 20 to 22A on the 12v line shld be sufficient for the 7600gt...

@ wraith,

Thats what i meant. it should be sufficient for ur rig as posted by you ...so Game on ......:D

i have a query.... my mobo has a 24 pin power connector...but i am currently using only the 20 pin power connector frm the psu to power it...

shld i use the remaining 4 pin connector??

^^

Off course u should! Remove the 20pin connector and slid in 4pin into the 20pin and push it into ur mobo..

Btw...are the 4pins detachable???

Wraith said:
^^ yup...its 20 pins + 4 pins connector...
i wanna know wat do those extra 4 pins do :D
Those 4 pins have +5V, +3.3V, +12V, G voltages.

They supply the extra power required by modern day m/b's especially given the number of bus powered usb devices, pci-e gfx cards, the chipset etc....

basically they lighten the load on the existing 20 pin connector leading to greater overall stability of the m/b.

Wraith said:
i have a query.... my mobo has a 24 pin power connector...but i am currently using only the 20 pin power connector frm the psu to power it...

shld i use the remaining 4 pin connector??

My simple logic:

As mother board and PSU have 24 pins and you do not have any other use of remaining 4 connectors, I didn't see any reason not to connect extra 4 with existing 20:) :)

May be technically it's not perfect:S

@Wraith : How much voltage do u get across +12v rail in ur new PSU ??

Use Speed Fan to check... :)

like this..

sfmb6.jpg

Back