wtb : round 80 conductor ide cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
i want to buy 2 ide cables

specifications :
round (no need for it to be uv reactive as my cabby is closed one)
80 conductors and 40 pin (to enable udma)

any offers for me?

would like to have pictures to decide.

My advise - dont use rounded cables for HDDs. I have an Antec Cobra rounded cable and I dont like it at all. Waste of money. It is not even good to use on my Optical drives. A lot of problems with HDD data corruption whilst copying files, and bad CDR writing at 52x.

not to argue when a wise head speaks. bow to you eazy.

now my requirement chages to good quality ide cable (40 pin-80 conductor) if i do not get them my demand of round cable stays.

stormblast said:
i have never had any probs with round cables.

Which one do you use ? I have heard there are some good brands which have each of the 80 wires indivitually shielded - but then these are expensive. The Antec Cobra has some sort of single foil around the wires which is not very effective in preventive "crosstalk" (is this is the right word to use)

@medpal - I rememeber Sunny had a rounded IDE cable for sale here recently - he had posted a picture of the cable and it looked like a nice cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
am using the round cables u get with the dfi mobo. had bought them from deejay long back. are working fine without any probs.

also have the round cables of the evga board that i got but am not using these cables atm.

Eazy said:
@medpal - I rememeber Sunny had a rounded IDE cable for sale here recently - he had posted a picture of the cable and it looked like a nice cable.

eazy that day i was just busy with an emergency patient and could not come online early and by the time i came online the cable was sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back