WTB [WTB] Ryzen 3000 Series Loan for MoBo Update

demon_slayer

Disciple
Hi,
I wanted to loan a Ryzen 3000 series processor for a few days for a Motherboard Bios update to support 5000 series.
I'll pay for back and forth shipping.
My location is Bangalore, so local deals are preferred.
I can deposit some security amount as assurance as well, which you can refund to me post you receive the processor back.

Hi,
I wanted to loan a Ryzen 3000 series processor for a few days for a Motherboard Bios update to support 5000 series.
I'll pay for back and forth shipping.
My location is Bangalore, so local deals are preferred.
I can deposit some security amount as assurance as well, which you can refund to me post you receive the processor back.
You can take the mobo to a reputed PC shop in SP road and get the job done. [Can take your own PSU and pen drive with bios file in it].

You can take the mobo to a reputed PC shop in SP road and get the job done. [Can take your own PSU and pen drive with bios file in it].

SP Road is I think around 20km from my places, was trying to avoid travel on these congested roads.

Edit: why I don't want to travel
1693640286006.png

Last edited:
Maybe this would be of use to you, or anyone reading this but I recently thought I needed a BIOS update on a B450 motherboard for a 5600G processor when in actuality I didn't — I just needed to wait 5+ mins for the first boot (while CPU post status led was blinking the entire time).

Maybe this would be of use to you, or anyone reading this but I recently thought I needed a BIOS update on a B450 motherboard for a 5600G processor when in actuality I didn't — I just needed to wait 5+ mins for the first boot (while CPU post status led was blinking the entire time).

Maybe you mobo came pre flashed with latest bios ?

Maybe you mobo came pre flashed with latest bios ?

It had a 2021 BIOS, I later updated it. The packaging and manual didn't mention anything about 5000 series support, only 3000 series. So it was a surprise that it had a BIOS that supported 5000 series.

Which motherboard do you have?

It had a 2021 BIOS, I later updated it. The packaging and manual didn't mention anything about 5000 series support, only 3000 series. So it was a surprise that it had a BIOS that supported 5000 series.

Which motherboard do you have?
I'm planning on buying a ASROCK B550M Steel Legend or ASUS Prime B550 Plus

Edit 8:48PM:
So I talked to mdcomputer customer support and they said that the latest manufactured board in their stock does not require a bios update and will work with 5000 series out of the box.
Hopefully, they know what they're saying.
So for now, @mods please close this thread.

Last edited:
To add confirmation, I bought two different Asrock B550 motherboards last year, they both had 5000 series support but not 4000 series (those had not been released at the time of manufacturing).

I bought an Asus Prime B450M-A II for my son last year for use with a Ryzen 7 5700G. It needed a BIOS update to run a 5000 CPU but I could do it easily with the 5700G fitted. There was no POST display before the update but the update process doesn't need that.

I bought two more of the same motherboard model this year for my other son and for a nephew. These ones already had newer BIOSes and didn't need an update. I bought an Asus Prime B550M-K for myself last month. This one doesn't need an update either.

Last edited:
Back