Laptops WTB- two Dell laptops from US

Dear All,

Two of my friends are looking out for laptops. I have suggested them Dell.
Can some one suggest if it would be possible for KMD to get the laptops from US. (Have already Pm'd KMD , waiting for his reply)

Most importantly if anyone has any idea about the dell warranty being valid in India, Please enlighten.

Also suggest good configurations from dell US and discount deals :hap2:
Budget is 50k Landed for one and 40k landed for second. So please suggest deals from 600 USD to 800 USD.

Cheers and thanks to everyone in advance,
MHI

dell carries international warranty.
if the particular models u want r available here then get from dell-india only
as shipping wud be way too costly.:)

Yes all dell lappies have International Warranty.All u need to do when u get them to India is call dell and do a ownership transfer.

just add 8-10,000 Rupees more to the price there is.. probably that much would be charged and then atlast things wont differ from here or there.

kmd gave me a quote of 8.5k for the shipping cost from u.s. for a lappy.

so reconsider buying it from u.s. as u will definitely get the same here for about 10-12k more+ warranty(!!!!)

thanks for the insights guys. waiting for quote from KMD. As i wud be sourcing two lappy's i guess the shipping may go down a bit :p.

Lets see what KMD quotes. If the logic is correct and warranty available then i wud definitely go for it.

Suggestions on models?? good deals???

lappies bought from the USA (Dell) that have NBD on-site warranty can be brought down here and afaik pay 20$ and can get the service tag transferred to India via an online form.......got this info from TE member itself who has already done it.

u need to make sure that the laptop u buy has "on-site" NBD warranty and NOT warehouse carry-in warranty , cause carry-in warranty is not applicable for India and hence that warranty cannot be xfered at all.

thetechmind said:
lappies bought from the USA (Dell) that have NBD on-site warranty can be brought down here and afaik pay 20$ and can get the service tag transferred to India via an online form.......got this info from TE member itself who has already done it.

u need to make sure that the laptop u buy has "on-site" NBD warranty and NOT warehouse carry-in warranty , cause carry-in warranty is not applicable for India and hence that warranty cannot be xfered at all.
+1. That would be me :) And I HAVE done it last month :)

Correction: it cost me 20$ to upgrade the warranty from 'carry-in to depot' to 'NBD on-site warranty' valid internationally. Can vary depending on the model you are looking at. Also some models may already have NBD included.

Quoting form what I wrote earlier:
1. make sure the laptop you buy, you get it with NBD = Next Business Day warranty, NOT "Carry to Depot" warranty. Carry to Depot is NOT valid in India. NBD is.
You may need to pay extra for NBD on some models, it may be default for others, so make sure to check hte config.

2. Once you get the laptop, file an international warranty transfer request here:

Dell - International Ownership Transfer Form

Takes around 1-2 weeks and thats it :)

@kunalthesarkar: You may want to recheck on that, cos its definitely avl, and I have done it :)

20$ thats 1k. So I might as well include that while looking out for the models too.

@ techie : You rock man... How do I rep you man... The reps button is not to be seen anywhere. and forgive my lack of awareness. can you suggest something @ 600 to 800 USD.

@ Kunalthesarkar: Yaar Dell India to bolega ki nahi hai valid. why would they want their business going out of India :cool2:

Edit: double checked india is available in the list. I hope all 3 yrs of warranty can get transferred. Am i correct here techie

Cheers,
MHI

motorheadinc said:
20$ thats 1k. So I might as well include that while looking out for the models too.

@ techie : You rock man... How do I rep you man... The reps button is not to be seen anywhere. and forgive my lack of awareness. can you suggest something @ 600 to 800 USD.

@ Kunalthesarkar: Yaar Dell India to bolega ki nahi hai valid. why would they want their business going out of India :cool2:

Edit: double checked india is available in the list. I hope all 3 yrs of warranty can get transferred. Am i correct here techie

Cheers,
MHI

Well complete warranty is transferable to-and-fro. I bought a Dell Studio about 3 months back from india and confirmed it from them before buying it as I would be moving to US this August. I was told that I can transfer the warranty easily..

international warranty is available if u purchase laptop with 3 year nbd service Dell Services.

AFAIK ownership transfer is available only after 6 months of purchase and i dont think ownership transfer is same as warranty transfer. Read it somewhere, but cant find it now.

Back