WTBuild : Application for Invoice filling.

pa1pa1

Disciple
hi,

My dad owns a small firm and one of the most tedious and kinda clerical tasks he has to routinely go about is filling up invoices which look something like this :
SNC00382.jpg

So what my dad wants (me to do) is to digitize the process and print the invoice out. By digitize, i mean i should be able to chose a client from a list, or better still, it should recognize and suggest a client from a stored database as soon as i start typing his/her name(kinda like google suggestions?) and as soon as i select a client, its parameters, such as address, etc, should automatically get entered in the invoice form.

Also, i should have text boxes for entering description, rate, Quantity, Amount, etc, which may include some trivial calculations.

What i want to know from you guys is how much background knowledge is required to build a complete application, and what kinda software will i need. I have basic knowledge of programming(very basic, like i've done borland c++), am familiar with some VBasic,some MS SQL and thats about it. I plan to learn as i go about doint this.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Um, should this be in the programming section?

Back