WTF!BSNL has upgraded lines to 2mbps

Enjoy people, I was never a fan of BSNL but this is a great step. I'm curious to see Airtel's answer, however, and inside info suggests there is no counter-offer that has been finalized already. Too bad, will have to wait a while I guess.

yipee:D

check this out!!

hehe:D

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1514 Kbps about 1.5 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Download Speed is:: 185 kB/s

Tested From:: testmy.net - broadband community and tools (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/12/28 - 10:53pm

Bottom Line:: 26X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.54 sec

Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 8.093 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 123.96 % faster than the average for host (72.25)

D-Validation Link:: testmy.net - Member Stats

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 [!]

Damm .. still stuck to something ~300 kbps ..

67984461.png

As I had predicted in another thread... those bas@#ds have capped the unlimited plan.... So start waiting for another 1-2 years to get unlimited bandwidth....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Even though communications and IT minister Dayanidhi Maran has announced 2007 as the year of the broadband, with state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd likely to provide connections with a minimum download speed of 2 mbps from January 1, consumers seeking a fresh connection may be in for a shock.

According to BSNL executives, the company will only be able to upgrade its existing subscribers from a minimum download speed of 256 kbps to 2 mbps and will not be able to offer fresh connections until March 2007.

BSNL’s existing capacity of 1 million ports is full and though it has placed orders for another 5 million ports, they will not be in place before March.

You got to wait for 2mbps downloads

awwww..... :( ...

hope airtel gives a mouthshut answer by giving a 1mbps upto 2 mbps with no download/upload cap under rs.1000 .... that'd be awesome..:hap2:

super_saiyan said:
awwww..... :( ...
hope airtel gives a mouthshut answer by giving a 1mbps upto 2 mbps with no download/upload cap under rs.1000 .... that'd be awesome..:hap2:

Dream on :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back