WTS: Laptop RAM 2 x 512 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfbane

Disciple
Was lying around after replacing original RAM from laptop.
Working fine...clueless about warranty
Mumbai Buyers Only

Attachments

• CIMG2588.JPG
    CIMG2588.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 55
I am assuming this won't be compatible with my existing chip (256MB 1RX16 PC2-4200S-444)? If it does, then I am interested in one of them. Was I to get replace the existing 256MB chip, would it work in my Lenovo Y500?

Also since you say the price is including shipping, are you amenable to shipping it to Delhi?

@ Vebk, Mate the post clearly says price is not including shipping.
and there are 2 x 512mb chips, so would prefer to sell them as a pair.(Urs i presume has only one slot)
Also i guess it shud work on any laptop.

Sorry I misread it. I thought it said shipped.

I have only one slot, but as others were also offering a pair of chips, I was wondering whether it would be better to chuck the existing 256MB and put 512MB in both slots.

Are you willing to ship to Delhi?

buddy, am a bit confused.

ur laptop has slot for 2 ram chips but currently only one is occupied, is this wat ur saying.

If yes then its better if u discard existing 256

Also if ur buying both then i wud send it to delhi

Yes, that's what I am saying. There are two slots. One has a 256MB chip already in it. Can someone here answer whether 2Rx16 PC2-5300S-555 chips will work on my laptop (Lenovo Y500) which currently has 256MB 1RX16 PC2-4200S-444?

Guys, I am having hp pavilion lappy and presently, i am having the following RAM:

256MB, 266MHz, 200-pin, PC2100 SO-DIMM (Small Outline Dual In-Line Memory Module)

So, will this "Elpida 512mb 2Rx16 PC2-5300S-555" works for me? If so, then I am in for this deal.

^ checked this RAM and it's not compatible for my PC2100 RAM as mine is DDR whereas the offered RAM is DDR2. Hence, I am out of this deal.

As I said, a new 1GB chip costs Rs. 700 (with warranty). So if you are interested in selling these for Rs. 400 (shipped) total for both, let me know by the day's end, or I am going to buy a new one.

@vebk,

sir, a new 512 transend cost rs 600 while a 1gb cost rs 1100 (rates @ itwares)

If u r getting such a low rate, then u shud go for it.

thanks for ur interest :)

^ The ITWares people hardly ever update their website these days, and on top of that they are hardly a great indicator of price. Rs. 700 for 1GB RAM is not a special price quoted especially for me... this is what a few shopkeepers (whom I don't know at all) quoted.

Anyway, if you are unwilling to relent, it's okay. My boss has approved upgrading our RAM at Rs. 800 for 1GB RAM (including the price of someone delivering it and installing it). So I guess I don't need second hand one now.

My point was solely that if one can get 1GB RAM (with warranty) for Rs. 700 in the market, then the price of the second-hand one (without warranty) should be accordingly much lower.

Best of luck with your sale! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back