X360 - Unrecognised Disk Error

I have a modded phat 360 console that has been running fine for the last 3 years that I've had it. It has a Samsung drive and I recently updated the firmware to lt+2.0 from a shop here in Hyderabad. All my old games work fine and I bought Dead Island from the shop that works perfectly fine too, but with games like Driver San Francisco and Gears of War 3 (of which I have the original dvds, brand new), I get an error that says "Unrecognized Disk - Please clean the dvd with a soft cloth and try again." I get the same error with a copy (like a copy, copy) of Halo Reach I have too. The funny part is even if I completely install the games on the Xbox's hard drive, the problem still persists and all previous games of mine run without a hitch.

I tried googling alot but I couldn't find any response, and I'm yet to try any XGD3 disk that works on my console. Does anyone know what the problem is? Also, if the shop owner installed lt+1.91 instead, would it give me this error? Even with an original XGD3 game?

Dashboard - 13604

If you have original disk then why not return the disk to the owner.

G3, Driver sf are xgd3 games

I borrowed the DVD's from a friend and both work on his Xbox flawlessly. Could it be a firmware update issue? Even if my modded firmware is old (assuming he installed 1.91 instead of 2.0), why won't an original XGD3 DVD run when every other game dvd I have works properly?

your drive is not updated to Lt 2.0..take back your console to your Hyd dealer and ask him to make run gears of war 3 for you.

because Dead island required LT 1.9 only.

secondly burning a Xdg3 game is different way then normal game .So until gears of war 3 dont run on your drive successful your console it not modded To Lt 2.0

Gears of war 3, Warhammer 40k ,and more games requires Lt2.0 so ask your vendor to make gears of war 3 to run on your console

Did you get it done Ambrit games, Punjagutta? If yes, I have bad experience with them, their games etc dont work and they will act suprised and offended when you question them.

The problem is pretty simple, If u have a samsung drive than LT+ 2.0 for samsung had a problem in running the XGD3 backups, so after a week C4eva released a new firmware for samsung drive only i.e. Ixtreme LT+ 2.01 that fixes the XGD3 problem in samsung drives.

C4E also released a small bug-fix for the LT+ CFW on Samsung drives: the iXtreme LT+ v2.01 CFW for all versions of the Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 ('Samsung').
What's new/fixed:
* bugfix for 8.7Gb backups

anshul_coolguy said:
your drive is not updated to Lt 2.0..take back your console to your Hyd dealer and ask him to make run gears of war 3 for you.

because Dead island required LT 1.9 only.

secondly burning a Xdg3 game is different way then normal game .So until gears of war 3 dont run on your drive successful your console it not modded To Lt 2.0

Gears of war 3, Warhammer 40k ,and more games requires Lt2.0 so ask your vendor to make gears of war 3 to run on your console

The legit copies should work on his console, irrespective of the IXtreme firmware. In this case, he said that the originals are throwing up the same error.

I took my console back to (that's right) Ambrit Games in Hyderabad yesterday. Even my experience with them was bad the first time around when they broke my Xbox top cover (under the HDD) but replaced it with a new one immediately and they just don't treat the Xbox right in general. I thought they would have installed lt 1.91 which was the problem that I had perceived, but after installing lt+2.01 twice, it still didn't get my games going (Driver SF copy and Gears 3 OG). He even downgraded to lt 2.0 to see if it would help but it didn't.

This might be helpful for Samsung owners of a phat Xbox reading this -

AG (Ambrit Games) said that XGD3 games require a good, clean laser to run the latest games. I said my laser is perfectly fine and all my games install fully and run perfectly.
AG decided to go with their diagnosis anyway and installed a brand new laser on my Sammy, but to no avail. Gears 3 wasn't working and Driver wasn't working either.
He tried some other tricks he had up his sleeve like running the console with the DVD drive open and reducing the speed of DVD rotation by gently placing his finger at the edge of the disk but that didn't work either.
As of now, I've left my Xbox with them till Monday evening and it looks like they aren't going to find a solution to the problem until then. I did some research and found that almost all Samsung owners are facing the same problems with these new games with exception to Battlefield 3, Arkham City, Rage and just a few others (http://www.xbox360iso.com/lt-2-01-t488901.html).

The only solution that I've come across is removing the Samsung drive. Way too many people are facing the same problem with perfect Samsung drives that don't seem to be capable of playing new XGD3 games (even some originals) even after using C4's lt+2.01 mod. I think I'm going to have to change the drive in my old Xbox to a new Liteon or Benq.

Fml

Thanks for your help guys, if you can think of any solution let me know. But as of now I think I have no choice but a drive change.

^^ I have personally faced problems while burning xgd3 games via imgburn, give a try with clone cd as it always worked perfectly for me on xgd3 disc(truncation method), i have got the same error your getting on your sammy drive, i have tested this on liteon and benq drive, I have modded people's console with lt+ 2.01 and gow 3 and dsf working fine on them with sammy drive.

Ambrit Games which branch? There are two - one at Koti and other at Punjagutta. I am waiting for someone to be able to do Reset Glitch Hack in Hyderabad. Running homebrew/backups right off the HDD seems a pleasent idea.

The Panjakutta one is the one I went to. My problem is solved but unfortunate Samsung owners on a Phat X360 won't like the solution.

I tried all burning methods, used Clone CD as well but the problem didn't go away. Going to Ambrit Games was my last resort, but I had to. Maybe the Sammy drive works fine with the Slim, but with the Phat one it doesn't seem to work.

Fixing Sammy X360's -
1. Try burning with Clone CD instead of ImgBurn. Make sure you burn at slow speeds, blah blah. Fail
2. Maybe the disk drive is unclean. Try cleaning the drive? Fail
3. Maybe something is wrong with the laser? Try using a new laser? Fail
4. Get rid of your Samsung drive and install a new Liteon or Benq. Fail

All the above failed and I got the same error. Changing to a new drive didn't work for me. So, Ambrit came up with a solution. They gave me a new X360 Pro (Phat) for my old console for INR 3000. I took it. It has a Liteon and all my games are working perfectly fine now. I wasn't able to find any solution to what was wrong with my console, and this seemed like a good option.

^Koti one is better than the guys at Punjagutta. That said, Did u check if they were doing Reset Glitch Hack? It is a way better alternative. To be able to run a backup from HDD instead of having to worry about the DVD drive. :)

^ It is HDMI. Jasper version. And the whole thing turned out to be a big KLPD. They said they will be able to do, once I land at their shop with my console. they changed their tune -We are unable to do as we are still testing it. :(

Back