X6(16gb) vs Wave vs C6 vs X6(8gb)..which one to buy?

amohit

Disciple
Hi guys,

Finally my ancient mobile died on me. Hence looking for a new one. Till date, I have been using lower end mobiles with the only objective to make and receive calls.

Now I want to upgrade myself to a smarter phone.

My main requirement
1. Reliability (wont be changing my mobile for atleast 3-4 yrs)
2. Good touch screen (Just for the experience)
3. Music (Want to get rid of my Sandisk player. would want to listen to music while on the move via bluetooth)
4. Camera (wont be my primary camera so quality of photos is not that important)
5. GPS (Though I prefer to use Eicher Road Atlas, just for the heck of it, would like to use GPS as well )
6. Budget 15-17k

Based on these requirements I have shortlisted

Nokia X6
Samsung Wave
Nokia C6

My questions:

1. Should I go for X6-16GB or wait for 8GB model? any idea how much will be the price difference?
2. Wave is good in all respects, except for GPS usability...i mean no ovi maps...and I would not like to have gprs activated!...any other alternatives....can I use satnav maps on this phone?
3. C6..is still not released...could have waited for it...but then read that the price range is going be arnd 20k! Should I wait for it to be released?

Since I have an backup phone..I can wait for a month or two for something more tempting to be released.

Are there any new releases lined up which would be worth waiting for?
Appreciate your responses.
Thanks
Mohit

well my friend bought an x6 yesterday !

the phone was nice , but it just looked like a 5800 with a better screen !

i would suggest you to go for c6 !

as it has qwerty keypad and a good nice screen !

now its your choice if you like capacitive touch a LOT ! go for x6 else c6 is the choice bro !

well i dunno bout samsung wave as i just like nokia and htc :p

buddingwhizkid said:
now its your choice if you like capacitive touch a LOT ! go for x6 else c6 is the choice bro !
well i dunno bout samsung wave as i just like nokia and htc :p

Last month, have bought a Nokia 5233 for my wife. I found its touch screen to be quite good. Not sure how much better capacitive screens are.

hellgate said:
if you can wait for 2 months then wait and see if the N8 is released by that time. also you can try the N900.

Both of them are very tempting...but N900 at 24k+ and N8 at 22k are priced well over my budget :(

Regards,
Mohit

well his budget is 15-17k ! obviously he cant buy wave or n900 !

so x6 and c6 are left !

get x6 if you are a music freak !

if u want a business phone with good internet experience , c6 is the way to go :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

amohit said:
Last month, have bought a Nokia 5233 for my wife. I found its touch screen to be quite good. Not sure how much better capacitive screens are.
well capacitive screen respond with the slightest touch possible with your finger ! :)

certainly much better than the 5233 !

but they dont work with stylus :p

samsung has nice specs but is costly !

get that if you can extend ur budget :)

samsung has nice specs but is costly !
get that if you can extend ur budget :)

samsung spica is also nice :)

Best (and the first) quote that I got for Wave is of 16.7k.

Also I found out that Wave comes equiped with 1 month license of SatNav, but elsewhere( i think on this forum itself) , I read that the the maps in Wave are kind of crappy.

Does anyone have any idea if GPS maps in wave are good enough? or atleast if we can install satnav/mapmyindia maps in the phone?

Regards,

Mohit

^ I wanted to avoid activating GPRS connection, coz once I have GPRS activated...next step would be to configure mails with it and next would be to access office mails from mobile...and then all peace will be lost!

I am assuming that google maps will always require gprs connectivity.

Regards,

Mohit

amohit said:
^ I wanted to avoid activating GPRS connection, coz once I have GPRS activated...next step would be to configure mails with it and next would be to access office mails from mobile...and then all peace will be lost!

I am assuming that google maps will always require gprs connectivity.

Regards,

Mohit
yup quite right ! i use google maps offline :)

get the 3.0 (0) version !

by the way with 3g on its way i think itll be impossible to NOT use net from mobile :)

Get X6 16GB if you want Lifetime free navigation else i recommend the Xperia X10 mini...

I own the X10 mini and it totally rocks.

Its a little beast. A highly capable phone. I recommend it...

OR Wait for C6...

Ya OVI Maps rocks in its gps reception as i used to use it on my Nokia N82 and 5800,but the the best from the choices u have made is the Wave with that amount of proc power,it would be a good multitasker....

@manu1991

If that question was for me , then yeah i have used several. i have been navigation enabled devices since they first came out in the market. Across the board Win Mo , Android , S60 .. Ovi Maps is THE best that i have used factoring in offline navigation ofcourse. Though Ovi Maps on the N900 sucks big time. Its pretty bad on teh N900.

Back