PC Peripherals xbox 360 controller for PC?

karthikus

Disciple
I am planning to get a xbox 360 controller for PC. Can anyone answer the following questions ?

1. Is that worth the penny ?
2. What games can we play using it?
3. What's the best price ?

1. Yes

2. Any title which has Games for Windows Logo & others without the logo are mostly supported out of box.

3. Rs.1362/- homeshop18.com

Regards,

YES it is really VFM...recently i bought locally here in bangalore for 1.3k and it is amazing. Till now played two version for NFS, working like a charm.

Xbox 360 wireless controller is available for Rs.2225/-(free shipping & after applying discount coupon) at home shop18 is this a good deal or is it available any where cheaper.

And also which one is better wireless or wired.

karthikus said:
Should i buy the wired controller with USB or wireless. Will wireless 360 controller supports more games ?

Depends on your budget and requirements. If you can make do with a wired controller for cheap, you can settle for that. If you do not prefer wires dangling around your system, you can opt for a wireless controller (at the extra expense of a pair of AA cells and maybe another pair as a standby). You will also need an additional accessory to connect the controller with the PC which is the wireless receiver, which used to cost 2k and upwards before! Not sure what are the present costs. There is an alternate bundle which has the wireless controller and the receiver for a discounted price, like this one - LINK.

The wireless controller will support all those titles which are supported by the wired one.

Does anyone have any experience with Razer Onza? I am thinking of getting a second controller, is the extra price justified? Onza also has 2 additional shoulder buttons, are those buttons useful and are they supported by default in every game?

Depends on your budget and requirements. If you can make do with a wired controller for cheap, you can settle for that. If you do not prefer wires dangling around your system, you can opt for a wireless controller (at the extra expense of a pair of AA cells and maybe another pair as a standby). You will also need an additional accessory to connect the controller with the PC which is the wireless receiver, which used to cost 2k and upwards before! Not sure what are the present costs. There is an alternate bundle which has the wireless controller and the receiver for a discounted price, like this one - LINK.

The wireless controller will support all those titles which are supported by the wired one.

Gannu Sir...I already have 2 wireless Xbox360 controllers, can I just buy the wireless receiver and be good to go...?

Infected said:
Gannu Sir...I already have 2 wireless Xbox360 controllers, can I just buy the wireless receiver and be good to go...?

Yes you can sync more than 1 wireless controller and any other wireless peripheral such as the X360 wireless headset with the PC simultaneously. :)

Please note that you will have to install a driver for registering the controller with the PC. I know because initially my controller refused to sync. Read up on the net and turns out a driver installation was mandatory. Driver can be had from here - Software Downloads: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

PS: Please drop the sir part.

So if I have the wired ones I can simply use the Software and start using it....? as they are USB...

I know its better if I could be home to try it out myself, but m at work :(

You know I am asking all this cause of Skyrim :) think it might be better with the 360 controller.

Wired ones do not need the driver. It is plug-n-play.

I think I might play Skyrim on the 3rd person mode with the controller itself. :p

Back