Xbox 360 Delimma

Mr.XYZ

Disciple
Hey guys,
I live in Mumbai and I am planning to buy an Xbox 360 but the problem is I have only 10 grands.
I have heard that the arcade version(white ones/previous model) are available at retailers for Rs 9000.
Should I buy it or should wait get some extra cash and get the new slim model ?
Also i will be using backups so is the arcade version good enough ?

There have been rumours that Microsoft will be releasing a new console next year at e3, should I pass on buying the xbox 360 ?

Please help in regard to this topic. Also if would be really helpful if some one from Mumbai can point me where can I get my hands on the arcade model.

Thanks

If you're planning on flashing the firmware on it a.k.a modding the drive, then the arcade ones are the best ones. They are slowly running out of stock, as the "slim" ones are penetrating the market. The X360S models are a pain in the ass, as far as modding is concerned. So stick to the Arcade Jasper ones.

Thanks for the help, btw these arcade will come with lite-ons right ? which I believe are the most difficult to modify. Also where can I buy arcade console ? And how much will it cost ?

Well, check out the local malls and big stores that keep electronic items. If you're lucky, you'll get the Arcade console, coz they are getting rare. Also, don't worry about the lite-ons. The drives in the Arcade models are easier to hack.

It's the slims you should be worrying about. Their drives, especially with firmware 0225, are a PAIN IN THE ASS to hack.

Nevertheless, x360key or similar probucts like XODE and others should make hacking of Xbox 360 VERY EASY and you can load all the game iso's directly from external hdds.

Check this out....

x360key - Play all your Xbox 360 games from any USB drive!

You can go to xboxscene.com to check out more products similar to x360key, but beware, this is a new arrival in the xbox scene and currently are very costly. Give it some time, say 2 to 3 months, and am sure other companies will come out with the same thing at a MUCH CHEAPER price.

If you have any questions, then lemme know.

Ravi :)

Back