Xbox 360 Help!!! Ring of death

snipes040

Disciple
I have a 360, and its not working, it has the 3 rings of death, and I have tried that Towel Trick, it didn't help at all! Any ideas? Because I am about to buy GTA IV, but my 360 ain't working.

:huh: :huh:

I will rep you.

Mostly, Broken Xbox can be fixed by Towel Trick, try it again :

Use, 4-5 Turkish Towels.. Wait for 20 minutes.. I hope it will fix your RROD problem :)

Assuming its not modded, try calling MS. They usually fix it or replace it even if its out of warranty.

Yeah.. Thats the best way, IF ITS UNMODDED. But if the xbox is modded.. Then NO other way that such tricks :|

This is a common occurence with the xbox 360 which is why microsoft has given a 3 year warranty to cover the rrod problem.
Send it to the shop where you bought it from or if the shop gives you the address of the Microsoft service center you can send it directly to them as well.
If the console is modded then no one can help as modding voids warranty.

I take it that it is modded and thats why he tried the towel trick. So the only advice is to try the towel trick again. Or if he is in Mumbai to take the unit to Musafir Khana to see if they can fix the RROD problem.

Exactly.He wouldn't have bothered with the towel trick if it wasn't modded.All those tricks are just temporary solutions for the RRoD.Better get it serviced but the charges would be pretty high.

Don't lose the patience.. Do some search on Google for "Fix RROD" or "Fix Xbox red ring od death" etc... i hope you will get some good results :)

Rahulrulez said:
Yeah.. Get PS3... Evergreen superb performance.. Bluray, HDMI, 8 cores :O total Rocking ;)

Of the above, only Bluray is a plus since the Xbox has a vanilla DVD player, but the bluray is good ONLY if you want to watch movies. HDMI is available in even the Arcade version of the Xbox 360 and is presently available in the Halo 3 and Elite versions in India. 8 Cores and other stuff is pretty much useless since games on the Xbox 360 and PS3 look pretty much the same.

Not to mention PS3 games are much more expensive than Xbox 360 variants.

And haven't you heard of the Spin of Death ? :bleh:

@TESnipes - Try taking it to a place like Musafir Khanna or Manish Market and try to get it repaired. They will charge something like 1.5k but it should stop the problem for some time. But honestly just visit Gaming Indians forums and try to get a Core Xbox for about 8k and use your existing HDD in that.

Back