Xbox 360 or PS3 again?

Can you softmod an XBOX on your own ?

EDIT : Just saw Stormblast's post in the previous thread. Looks too complicated ! I think ill stick with legal. I don't play much anyways so I can stretch one game for 1 - 2 months.

Ck Nish said:
And there's gonna be a sequel, too. Hope you won't sign your soul over to Bioware when that one comes out.:p

Let me guess. MGS4, MGS4 and before I forget, MGS4 right?

yes but also the fact is that, that 1 exclusive game is equivalent to more than 20 exclusive titles on 360 for me. this coming from me who owns a 360.

Let me guess. MGS4, MGS4 and before I forget, MGS4 right?

What 07 was to 360, 08 will be to PS3. FF13 and FF13v, MGS4 and MGS0, GT5P and GT5 by the end of the year, HOME, Littlebigplanet, Killzone 2, Haze, Afrika, LA Noire, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, White Knight Story, Tekken 6 and most probably Eight Days, 2 Days 2 Vegas, and The Getaway by the end of the year, these are just some of the top of my head. Complete exclusives list is here :

PlayStation 3 Exclusives: The List [150+ Confirmed] - PS3Forums

PS3 is sure to pick up pace from here on in.

Ck Nish said:
This whole "instant gratification" "the X360 has no future" crap has to stop. Are you people forever going to be blinded by your fanboyism?

See I am not saying that xbox 360 is going to be obsolete in the next year (well i am playing my PS2 for the past 5 years man somebody please tell me when is it gonna get obsolete LOL).

But since he is looking for something thats already modded (thats the instant gratification I meant) Xbox 360 is the way to go now. As for the PS3 well in the future it will have a lot more & better games & hopefully some sort of modding too.:hap2:

I am no fanboy for Sony , actually I hate the way they try to control everything. Now with Blueray getting to near world domination lets see what future holds for the modding community.

bombaybaba said:
But since he is looking for something thats already modded (thats the instant gratification I meant) Xbox 360 is the way to go now. As for the PS3 well in the future it will have a lot more & better games & hopefully some sort of modding too.

That's a lot more sensible than what I expected, so I salute you for a well explained and agreeable post. Hopefully, the PS3 will get on it's feet. Not sure if it will get to the point where it will strut around the X360 or anything, but people can always hope for it.

Params7 said:
What 07 was to 360, 08 will be to PS3. FF13 and FF13v, MGS4 and MGS0, GT5P and GT5 by the end of the year, HOME, Littlebigplanet, Killzone 2, Haze, Afrika, LA Noire, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, White Knight Story, Tekken 6 and most probably Eight Days, 2 Days 2 Vegas, and The Getaway by the end of the year,

Now you're just throwing every title on the PS3 out there. Almost all of them have no fixed release date(i.e most of them will be delayed and a good amount of them will bomb.)

stormblast said:
that 1 exclusive game is equivalent to more than 20 exclusive titles on 360 for me. this coming from me who owns a 360

Yeah! There is this one game on the DS that I love to death so much so that it automatically nullifies the entire x360 and PS3 list of games too. I call it poopsie cause it is oh so dear to me.

Now you're just throwing every title on the PS3 out there. Almost all of them have no fixed release date(i.e most of them will be delayed and a good amount of them will bomb.)

There's at least 5 potential 1 million+ sellers in the list (mgs,ff,gt,resistance, tekken). Bomb or not, ps3 gets the games this year in the same fashion x360 got it this year, or heck even better. Just gotta wait and watch.

Params said:
Just gotta wait and watch.

There's no doubting that the PS3 looks better this year even though that's not saying a lot. Now, saying it looks stronger than the X360 did last year would be saying a lot.

Oddly enough after MGS 4 my most wanted game on the PS3 would be either the next one by Ueda's team or Pain. FF 13 wouldnt even make the years wanted list for me.

Pain actually sounds quirky and silly enough to be one of those rarely played PS2 gems.

FF13 however doesn't do anything for me. JRPGs just aren't for me. And I would eat my own shirt if Resistance 2 was released this year. It has not even been officially announced. Same goes for Motostorm 2.

And I don't even know why people keep mentioning Killzone 2 as one of the must have titles. Killzone 1 was a turd. The developers have never made a AAA title and from what I have seen it looks very brown and dull. Hell it makes GoW look colourfull. Could be great but I doubt that very much.

Better yet, let's have a template designed for each member which allows them to choose a reply to be used in a given situation, since these kind of discussions also occur in most other threads.

Back