XBOX 360 replacement-- should I ?

Hey guyz . my XBOX warranty xpires on 2012 Jan.
The bad news is my XBOX is the oldest one. Xenon Board. The one wid the most heating problem. The gud thing is from the very begining i have cut the top (cpu+gpu) and fitted a 60x60x15mm fan. It looks just like the X-SLim. But i did it way back in jan 2009.

Never had a problem wid it , even after playing for 4-5 hrs straight in summers. It has 7 serview Liteon Drive and i have a KIT for upgrading the f/w whenever i desire.

Now i was thinkin , these things go bad after some time. Mine might go bad after Jan , after all it will be 3 yrs.
SHould i get it replaced..??
The new dvd drive i will get ..will it be hackable ? The SLim Drives are not yet hackable. Thats wat worries me. Flashing can be done by sum1 in cp for <500 bucks.

Awnayz . Suggestion guyz .
SHld i or shld i not !

Re: XBOX 360 replacement-- shld i ?

My question is how will you get it replaced from MS ?

^^will they accept it, i mean heating issue can be rectified in some way and they might give it to you after rooting the heating issue

oh man ,, u dont have a xbox do u ?

This is the process in delhi..

1) i call , report problem.

2) they book a ticket

3)i get a call from redington after 1-2 days saying dilevry will take place in 2-3 days

4) with in a week, sum1 from redington comes to my place takes my fault xbox and give me a brand new one on the spot

[mod]Refrain from using SMS lingo in the forum threads![/mod]

The gud thing is from the very begining i have cut the top (cpu+gpu) and fitted a 60x60x15mm fan.

you've "cut" it?

I doubt u can ask for RMA after that, especially if they end up playing Halo 3 on that fine.

Huuh ! There has to be some problem with your 360 that's why they are getting it replaced nothing else.

If they do then just pass it on , anyways slim drive cant be installed on older mb.

Nice fantasy.. :hap5:

1. Unfortunately for you, MS gives refurbished units as replacements. Chance of getting a brand new unit is second to none. So you would only be trading your unit (that you know to be in good working condition) for one that has a history of repair.

2. AKAIK, Warranty is void for any unit with physical damage and you mentioned cutting a hole to fix a fan.

^+1 to that, physical damage void warranty for all known brands. But OP insist that he can RMA the old one for a brand new one :|

You've physically modded your console which means that warranty no more exists. MS won't help you AT ALL.

CA50 said:
^+1 to that, physical damage void warranty for all known brands. But OP insist that he can RMA the old one for a brand new one :|
Yep.

Oh ok ok, so far as others say, I doubt they'll replace your Xbox with a shiny(wait, it's glossy), X360 Slim, you can hope for the previous gen one though(as others say, refurbished)

hey u have changed the firmware by opening the case....

u have removed all the seals.....how can microsoft do not come to know this??

how can they replace it....as they r not so dumb....

if u have any foolproof method than plz share...as i also need to get my xbox 360 repaired..its dvd drive is not functioning..and its hacked..........:p

Back