Xbox GamePass Price Hike

Well, guess I better renew my game pass. Was lucky enough to get 3 years of game pass for 7k, but now the conversion is locked to 2 years.

Also, with the increasing prices, sailing 7 seas is always an attractive offer

I'd rather buy games on Steam and never play them.
Sooner or later, we get enshitification from these companies. Windows itself is getting shittier. And gamepass gives them too much power in deciding what comes and what doesn't.
Its still fine i guess as long as it does not become the dominant way people play games.

Whenever news like this appears, I always get reminded of this image.

Lord_Gaben.jpg

Remember when XBOX said they won't raise the game pass prices after making COD day one? Pepperidge farm remembers.

On a serious note though, they should start adding the old CODs to game pass asap. Hiking the price without giving anything of value in return is a terrible move. They could've sweetened the pot by adding all the old CODS.

It's called being a privately held company with no VCs or shareholders to demand profit maximization at the cost of everything else. Watch them become the next EA once Gabe retires/dies.
I don't think that will happen. The culture at Steam seems opposed to going public and having to answer to shareholders.

Not all companies want to go public. For example, Parle is nearly a century old and still a private company.

I don't think that will happen. The culture at Steam seems opposed to going public and having to answer to shareholders.

Not all companies want to go public. For example, Parle is nearly a century old and still a private company.
I'm not concerned as long as Gabe is in charge, but about what comes after. Let's hope they are the exception, and not the rule.

the ultimate price is pretty reasonable to me ngl but removing day one releases from standard is the deal breaker for me, anyways I haven't used gamepass before nor do I intend to now, I'd rather sail the high seas and grab the game on sale

I'd rather sail the high seas and grab the game on sale
Regional pricing has become very unfair for many (most AAA?) games, so this is not unreasonable as a response i think.
I play older games generally now. Backlog anyway is too much, no incentive to play/pay for day 1.

Game pass is fine now, probably good deal too, i haven't used it either. But i hope this way never becomes dominant in the industry. Too much control in their hands.

Regional pricing has become very unfair for many (most AAA?) games, so this is not unreasonable as a response i think.
I play older games generally now. Backlog anyway is too much, no incentive to play/pay for day 1.
meh, its just AAA companies getting greedier over increasingly worse games, I sail the high seas on release and buy when they get on sale a couple years down the line, and if they have denuvo, then its no bueno for me, if companies dont mind putting in a kill switch in their games then I dont mind pirating them
Game pass is fine now, probably good deal too, i haven't used it either. But i hope this way never becomes dominant in the industry. Too much control in their hands.
eh, not really, most of it is indies with older AAA titles and you can buy them all for cheap but yeah if you want a no fuss way to get access to a huge library then yeah its good

Back