Xbox360 Resolution support

woozydevotee

Disciple
i have a viewsonic 1930wm lcs monitor with a native resolution of 1440x900,i have decided to buy the xbox360 and connect it to my monitor using the vga cable, will the xbox360 support my monitors resolution? and in case if it does not then will any other resolution affect the image quality?

hey teji,you must have observed that how the image quality deteriorates once we move away from the native resolution on our monitor,are u sure the picture quality is fine and not blurry and soft?

woozydevotee said:
hey teji,you must have observed that how the image quality deteriorates once we move away from the native resolution on our monitor,are u sure the picture quality is fine and not blurry and soft?

Yeah it only happens when I change the resolution while connected to Pc. But it works fine with xbox. The image is clear and sharp.

well thats good then,i am gonna get the xbox360 asap,by the way what do u do for the audio? do u use the speakers built in the monitor?

woozydevotee said:
well thats good then,i am gonna get the xbox360 asap,by the way what do u do for the audio? do u use the speakers built in the monitor?

I use my creative inspire pc speakers. You need a rca to 3.5mm audio converter too, which is sold separately if you are going to use pc speakers or headphones. Those rca connectors only work with TV.

I am using my ATP 3 with the Xbox VGA cable. The official one I bought already came with the converter inside.

Oh and using the 360 on my monitor (Viewsonic VX1932) and its support most of the resolutions. In fact I think it also supports 1080p even though my monitor doesn't.

When you set up the 360 you get a whole list of resolutions and you can try all of them to see which suits you best. Make sure to pick a WS one. I am currently on 1368 X 768 (or something like it) and the picture quality is very good. Cant even imagine plugging it into my SD TV now.

ok so i am gonna buy an xbox360 in a day or two,i met this guy on one of the forums who i selling his xboox360(core system) for 10,000 and he says he has just used it only once to see whether it works or not,he said that his gf got it as a gift and he has the warranty card with him and not the bill as it was purchased in pune.should i go ahead and buy it? what if i take it for repair or something will i require the bill also?

Yeah. Availing a warranty will definitely require a bill. Don't think a repair would though unless you want to pay and pay for something that is very likely to go kaput.

Interestingly, The x360 supports VGA resolutions all the way upto 1080p as Matey just mentioned. I always thought it was capped at 1240X1024 and 1368X768 or something like that.

Ck Nish said:
Yeah. Availing a warranty will definitely require a bill. Don't think a repair would though unless you want to pay and pay for something that is very likely to go kaput.

Interestingly, The x360 supports VGA resolutions all the way upto 1080p as Matey just mentioned. I always thought it was capped at 1240X1024 and 1368X768 or something like that.

xbox was always capped @ 720p & 1080i. recently with the spring update it has been uncapped @ 1080p for vga & component both.

also to avail warranty you do not need a bill.

Ck Nish said:
How does it work, then? Where do they send the faulty ones?

as any computer part u purchase, be it a hdd or cpu or ram or anything, u do not need the bill to replace it. all they will do is check the serial number on the console n if its still in warranty they will get it replaced. i dont know where they actually send the faulty 1's as i have never bothered to ask.

also over here once the 360 is replaced, ms resets the warranty & u again get full 3 years warranty :)

woozydevotee said:
3 years warranty in india aswell?? i thought it was only one year warranty, are u talking about the RROD warranty for 3 years?

i dont know if there are 2 diff types of warranty or no.

but warranty for 360 consoles all over the world is 3yrs.

Back