CPU/Mobo Xeon 5400 Quadcore.

sanex

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Actually I am building my Xeon workstation for graphics and animation.
Has anybody now when Xeon 5400 will be available in India? ..... thanks.

only workstation for graphics and animation. :S

are you set up upto 20 computer right :p for build sever system

xeon is too costy so

you can get quad core q6600 g65 mm is good might help you fix for budget

i am sure the xeon will better suit his purpose of working for animation ....imagine dual quad cores :).... anyway i have no idea of its availability ..but if you do get your hands on one ...do let me know

Hi Guys....
Thanks a lot for your great comments:)
Actually I have compared both Desktop and workstation configuration. I am not planning to buy Xeon 5482 Quadcore 3.2 MHz which is tooo expensive for me:( but its awesome. I am going for mid configuration like Xeon E5430 Quadcore 2.66MHz with the same 12 L2 cache. and the prices are almost same of E5430 and Q6700 (around 664.05$)
If I get 12MB L2 cache CPU with the same price then I will go for that only...

And I am looking for Tyan Tempest i5400PW (s5397) Motherboard.

Whats your opinion Guys..... Pls reply...:) Thanks.

Tyan importers in India - Digital Waves :: COMPUTERS ON RENT | Cluster Servers | Home - Office Solution | Animation Solution |Storage Solution

Not sure about where youl be able to get the xeons though.

I had similar plans a year back, but not for graphics needs. But finally ended up with Q6600 based one. Firstly, I dont think digital waves would care to serve an individuals need (unless you are getting more than 1 for your business). I might have called them a dozen times with absolutely no interest from the other side.

Secondly, I thought that its better to go in for parts that are easily available in the market. Imagine, you invest on Tyan board, a non socket 775 Intel procy and ECC ram. What would you do when one of the parts go bad. You would have to wait for weeks for a replacement.

I would suggest to go with a mainstream setup, or if you have to have a workstation class comp, better buy a workstation with onsite warranty from a company which has very good customer service.

agree with random
too risky to build a workstation on ones own
the parts after all aren't so easy to come by if something fails
or maybe i'm too chicken ;-)
better to make a ulta-powerful PC with Q6600

Thank you random2 and dasgupta_arup for your valueable suggetions.....:)

Could you suggest me which High end motherboard should be better for Intel Q6600 or Q6700.. budget is secondary thing for me. performence is comes first:p ....

Pls reply:)

P35 and also x38 based boards are good. PhOeNiX is selling Abit boards using these chipsets (at very good price). Have a look at Dealers section. Also check your local market for Abit, Asus and Gigabyte boards.

Back