CPU/Mobo XFX 650i vs Biostar TP35D2-A7

X-Rebel

Disciple
HI guys.

Out of the two mobos - XFX 650i n Biostar P35, which one is better.. I am planning to buy a E6750 with it, and may later upgrade to some QCore.

XFX 650i - 4700
Biostar P35 - 5400

Which one shud i get ??

As of now, the XFX board has been having lots of reliability issues. The BIOS is supposed to be buggy and also there have been many cases of the board arriving DOA...

If you just MUST have a 650i ultra motherboard, do consider the Galaxy board. Its available for a bit less, is an nVidia reference board. I've been using it for the past 2 weeks without any issues what so ever.

The Biostar is also a very good motherboard considering that you get a P35 chipset board for Very cheap. The one major negative ive noticed in the Biostar board is the layout. It aint like your normal boards. The 24 pin Motherboad powersupply connector is located ABOVE and not BELOW the cpu socket. This might create airflow issues, though its otherwise supposed to be a very good board.

I have the TP35D-A7 its a decent mobo
and like Stalker said the layout is pretty weird also its a full ATX mobo but its kinda long and small horizontally though its running my quad without any issues i'de say go for biostar also its kinda good for ocing not to the extreme but 30% oc i think enuf also the build quality is kinda like all the biostar my mobo kinda got a curve while fixing the heat sink fan. overall a good mobo 7.5/10 for this mobo

I've owned and tested both boards, they're exactly the same size and I would place my money on the TP35D2-A7 any day of the week.

sTALKEr said:
^^ how can a ATX mobo be non-standard sized?? imo they'r all the same size!

take a look at the board in ur hand it looks standard inthe pics but i was also kinda confused since its says full ATX on newegg
but then bikey did some reading and found that all Biostar full atx are made like this.

3.1 Board Size

A full size ATX board is 12" wide by 9.6" deep (305mm x 244mm). This allows many ATX form factor chassis to accept microATX boards as well.

Source - formfactors.org (This is the site from which Intel Publishes the

specifications for its standards.)

XFX 650i Ultra Product sheet from XFXforce.com

Dimensions Full-size ATX (12”x 9.6”)

@shaabaaz, ero was referring to biostar mobos wen he said that they are not of regular dimensions. Why on earth would u wanna drag the 650i into this???

Thanks a lot guys, i will buy the Biostar P35 board.

One more question - Will an E6750 be enuff fr more than a year fr gaming, considering my next card will be sumthin powerful...

N if i buy a QCore now, will it help me fr the gaming season in Nov-DEc , or will a E6750 do it.

dude pendeleon is on its way hence dont wate your money for a quad right now which has 8mb instead of 12mb. Just go and buy c2d 6750 and keep your mouth shut till feb08.

Back