Graphic Cards XFX launches GeForce 7900 GS

octave

Adept
XFX has launched GeForce 7900 GS in India

XFX GeForce 7900 GS features Dual DVI and also is equipped with a DVI to Analog Adapter that converts VGA
outputs to a DVI connector. The card features 20 pixel processors, seven vertex processors and 256-bit memory bus.

Some of the salient features of XFX GeForce 7900 GS are:-

* Superscalar GPU Architecture
* Microsoft DirectX 9.0
* NVIDIA CineFX 4.0 Engine
* NVIDIA SLI TM echnology
* NVIDIA Intellisample TM 4.0
* True High Dynamic Range

XFX GeForce 7900 GS is priced at Rs. 15, 500 (SERP) and will be available in the third week of September with the channel network of its national distributor, Rashi Peripherals. All XFX graphic cards carry three years of Rashi warranty.

Market Flash

Ive alredy ordered the 7900gs from my cousins from newegg

ive ordereed the 199$ one and not the 219$ one

Yeah 13k wud be good

but considering it give 15% less performance less than 7900gt only

i think price is pretty good still

also price will sure come down by OCT/NOV

Lord_nem,

Depends on how you look at it. Rashi sells the 7900GT for 19k + 4%! So in light of that, this is really not a bad deal. Their 7600GT is 12k + 4%. Also im sure they would give you a better price by calling the shop. I would love to have this card. Even for India the price is splendid, I feel.

**Octave thanks for the info!***

That 15.5k is just a suggested price. It will surely sell for less as you can get a new 7900 GT for a bit more. It should sell for around13-14k. Expect a fall in 7600 GT prices too.

I doubt the prices here will drop even when G80 is launched. It will take a little time before G80 trickles into India, then maybe dealers will consider selling their old 7xxx stocks at a discount just to clear inventory. But by then, I'm sure you wouldn't want to buy a G7x product anyway. ;)

The 7900GS is the perfect diwali card. I'm not so sure about the G80 for now. With rumours of R600 being delayed, if that is true, then Nvidia might keep G80 prices high until R600. For a DX10 card, I'll wait for both ATI and NVid to release their offerings, then choose the best one. That will take at least 6 months from now. So might as well be happy until then.

^^Yup, same thing happened with the 7800 series, they sold and they sold high coz there was nothing ATI had that could compete until R520 came out. Waiting is the best alternative coz u wont be losing anything anyway. No big DX10 games are coming out until Crysis

IMO nvidia will first launch only high end flagship g80 based cards, the mid and low end would still consist of current gen cards, the dx10 midrange and entry level cards would make an appearence later on.

Just a quick update. Rashi should be getting 7900GS cards by this week. I was told it was Rs.14,500 + 4%, not sure whether it's the XXX or regular; doesn't matter actually. Sparkle distis claim not know when it will arrive, I got a feeling though that they are wanting to dump their 7900GTs in anticipation of it. They want 17k for a 79GT. That's also tempting.

Which one would you go for?

lord_nemesis said:
Let me know how it performs....:) by any chance was the 7950GT available with them? whats the cost like.

Pune Rashi didn't have the 7950GT stocks but I'll find out. BTW, when will your card be arriving?

This is pretty nice. I'm happy that there's a noticable difference in Oblivion, coming from the 7600GS. It detects the card as Ultra HQ. 1440x900, 4XAA and bloom and it runs real smooth. While travelling inside Oblivion gates I consistently get above 35FPS on avg. When there are a few monsters in the area, the FR dips but doesn't turn into a slideshow the way the 7600GS did. In any case, this should be solved with an extra gig of RAM as the HDD grinds all the time in this game.

Haven't done much other testing, but it's nice. Though I am flat broke now and cannot upgrade this system any further. Till G80......

Back