Graphic Cards XFX Warranty Information

ubergeek

Skilled
hey guys

i have a XFX 8800gt AD which was bought from usa 1 and a half years ago.it was bought by my sister from new egg
the card has some really bad heating issues like the idling temps are 71c and after an hour of gameplay the card reaches almost 100c :S and i get artifacts all over the screen.

so i decided to rma my card ,as this card was bought from usa i registered the support ticket with xfx .those guys were Really responsive and they have agreed to offer me direct rma.they have asked me to send the card to their HK center to replace my card.and they said that they will give further details on how to go on about the rma procedure.

My questions are

1.is this safe i mean if i send the card to hk if they send the card back will it be haggled by the customs ????
2.which courier should i approach in order to send the card to hk and how much will it cost me?
i really need some viable inputs on this issue from you guys .so pour your suggestions in. thanks in advance

ubergeek :D

I had a similar experience with leadtek. I had bought a 8800GTS 640mb in India and after a year I went back to Dubai and it had died off over there. My retailer sent it back to HK directly (as dealer had gone out of business) and customs on both sides ie. India and china were a total pain in the ass according to him. Sent it back in October 2008 and got it back late May!

Don't know about courier companies though. Fedex or UPS I guess!

To avoid hassles - make a challan stating part no, product details, original purchase value, current market value, and purpose of shipment as 'free replacement of defective unit - no charge', this will help u avoid customs/ octroi etc. Ensure to include 3 signed copies.

The Sorcerer said:
Did you think of giving it through KMD?

well i asked kmd wether if he could do it for me but he said he will only replace the products that had been purchased through him :(

so any idea about the cost?

axeman said:
To avoid hassles - make a challan stating part no, product details, original purchase value, current market value, and purpose of shipment as 'free replacement of defective unit - no charge', this will help u avoid customs/ octroi etc. Ensure to include 3 signed copies.

where can i obtain this challan is this some kind of form that i should attain ????

Its a simple self declaration.

Use notepad/ microsoft word/ if u lack a PC, make it by hand, DUH!

Google/ bing it already

shroff87 said:
^^ Yeah right - a piece of paper with no government markings or stamp is to be taken seriously by customs? Smart ass.

amen to that.is there anyway to get the shipment authorised by the customs ???

@axeman

where did you get this info??

and also sending the item wont be a problem rite

there will be problems only while recieving stuffs rite??

Any and all cos do this, so you can dumbass yourself 3 times over.

Its called a "Self declaration" see?

Also the valuation is a self valuation.

I work with IT firms and vendors and this is what we do on a regular basis.

This helps when u get ur shipment back, as customs see's the letter stating replacement of defective piece, they are not able to apply any duty. And as octroi see's the same as replacement with no charge, they also cannot charge.

You just need to make a letter head with your name, address and contact details, detail the product, description, part no., self value it (typically go for 20% of MRP) and state unit is being sent for replacement at no cost, and thats it!

Ofc, if you dont want to do it, you can always enjoy paying duty. Go read up the Customs & Central Excise rules somewhere. While you do that read up Octroi regulations in Maharashtra too. :D

Cheers

axeman said:

This helps when u get ur shipment back, as customs see's the letter stating replacement of defective piece, they are not able to apply any duty. And as octroi see's the same as replacement with no charge, they also cannot charge.

You just need to make a letter head with your name, address and contact details, detail the product, description, part no., self value it (typically go for 20% of MRP) and state unit is being sent for replacement at no cost, and thats it!

Ofc, if you dont want to do it, you can always enjoy paying duty. Go read up the Customs & Central Excise rules somewhere. While you do that read up Octroi regulations in Maharashtra too. :D

Cheers

ok axe, so if i type out all the information about the piece to be sent in a sheet of paper and also state the reason for sending the product ill be able to send the piece without any trouble to china?

is there any particular format i should follow ?? in order to do this

your help is much appreciated :D

and more thing dude which courier company is the best for sending stuff outside india??

shroff87 said:
^^ Yeah right - a piece of paper with no government markings or stamp is to be taken seriously by customs? Smart ass.

Dont speak offensively specially when you have no knowledge about it. Sad aas.

i agree with Axeman. A self-declaration should do the trick.

eMail XFX Support.

Tell them if it is possible for you to get the RMA done locally from any dealer of XFX. In Delhi , Rashi handles warranty issues for XFX and Asus. A friend's Asus motherboard which was purchased from Newegg too was replaced here, although it did take a couple of weeks for the process and a lot of headache too!

axeman said:

Cheers

You could've said that in the first place instead of googling it .. we can't always get a solution from it that's why forums exist :p Not all of us do this frequently. Thanks for the relevant info.

sato1986 said:
Dont speak offensively specially when you have no knowledge about it. Sad aas.

You got offended by smart ass? How long is it before you pass high school?!

Include the following when u make the form up:

1)name of the company (you)
2)address of the company (you)
3)Original Delivery Challan no. if any
4)Date
5)delivery add with phone and tin no.
6)order no. if any/ RMA no if assigned
7)RMA Date
8)Original bill no. dt
9)from and to places names
10)draw a box that contains below items
sl.no. Product name. qty rate amount, total amount
11)for round seal if you have any
12)sender name and signature
13)receiver name and signature (for XFX to fill up and send back)
Make 3 copies.

Prefer DHL myself, but expensive. Speed post will decimate most stuff. Solid cartons have arrived damaged, but they are usually on time in India at least.

Attach a copy of original bill/ printout of online purchase

Back