Other Xiaomi and QC troubles?

vaalkai

Disciple
I used to be an ardent fan of Xiaomi hardware, till about the time they started manufacturing in India. After that i have seen too many reports of phones with hardware issues and what appears to be general quality control problems. I was burned once too with a Redmi Note 10. So what is your opinion and experience? Is there really an issue with recent Xiaomi hardware or it is overblown? I am considering buying the Xiaomi pad 6, but i am afraid to pull the trigger.

Software promises are a joke , even if they promise 2 or 3 updates sometimes they may stop after 1 major update.
Some poco devices like x3 or x3 pro had massive issues in manufacturing (only the indian variants)
Except that no major issues. I have used quite a few of their devices including the x6 pro and pad 6.

I used to be an ardent fan of Xiaomi hardware, till about the time they started manufacturing in India. After that i have seen too many reports of phones with hardware issues and what appears to be general quality control problems. I was burned once too with a Redmi Note 10. So what is your opinion and experience? Is there really an issue with recent Xiaomi hardware or it is overblown? I am considering buying the Xiaomi pad 6, but i am afraid to pull the trigger.
I have a Pad 6 and on the face of it, the build quality looks fine. However, there is a reason it is only IP53 rated because internally, costs have been cut, especially in terms of thermals and sealing.

I would probably think thrice before purchasing a Xiaomi phone but in this case, the tablet is mostly used indoors, so it is fine. The software is utter rubbish, so the fact that you can use custom ROMs was in part my reason to purchase this.

I was burned by a S7+ tablet previously where the software support ended quite soon as I bought the device late to save on costs, and it still cost 2-3 times more than the Pad 6 did while not really offering me that much extra, for my use case of reading, shopping and occasionally watching things on it.

xiaomi 11t pro user here, it had some issue with its haptics which got fixed for free at their service center as the phone was under warranty, no issues since then. Software has occasional bugs altho I have noticed none since miui14. There are qc issues yes but its been a better experience for me compared to samsung(f64 and s24u, returned s24u because of its grainy screen issue). Seems all phone manufacturers are cheaping out on keeping qc tight these days

various other brands including apple too, producing in India, these chines will do everything to dent Made In India Brand & Image, will not back to burn 10000 crores or even let their brand diminish while playing in hand with Current chines government to bring manufacturing back to China.

Back