Xiaomi confirms there will be no easy way to disable system ads

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Xiaomi phones have long been praised for their affordability and feature-packed offerings. However, a persistent issue for users is the presence of ads within the user interface (UI). While it is possible to disable these ads, the process is complex and falls short of user expectations.

A recent leak suggested that Xiaomi may finally be working to bring a single toggle to switch off system ads entirely. But in a move likely to disappoint many users, the company has now confirmed that this toggle won’t be making an appearance on its Android skin anytime soon.

In a statement to Android Authority, Xiaomi acknowledged plans to improve the user experience by reducing pre-installed apps and “content display entry pages,” hinting at a potential decrease in bloatware. However, the statement explicitly rejected the idea of a dedicated ad-disabling toggle:

“We aren’t currently planning to add a toggle that realistically, only a small number of users would discover and use.”

Full report at:

So, where is functionality planned to be implemented if not on android?
will this be reserved for premium segment phones

Sony, LG, HTC went bye bye.

Asus doesn't gaf about Indian market.

Samsung and Moto are not making premium phones with headphone jacks.

And now all the available phones are going to be ad-ridden crap.

Great progress.

More reason to avoid their crap, they've lost a lot of pull in our market anyways in the past few years, especially after they got raided by ED.
The Android budget and mid-range market is a shit show, I see a lot of my colleagues in the market for a 25-35k Android moving up to an iPhone during sales instead.
I'm hoping that the launch of the next iPhone SE will force Android OEMs to provide more value in this segment else they'll be losing a lot of market share.

Telling this again and again and one more time...custom rom is the way to enjoy MI devices!
Now dont rant about root and shoot. Root days are loooong gone! Its easy peasy these days.

Mi phones are easily debloated, compared to say a Vivo from my recent experience. Yes the stock app list is bigger but you can remove them all

Mi phones are easily debloated, compared to say a Vivo from my recent experience. Yes the stock app list is bigger but you can remove them all
Exactly! And its very easy and many tools out there too. One can even get rid of entire MI ecosystem apps incl. dialler, calendar, vault etc.

Worst is Opoo and Vivo, hardly anything for them but still Vivo got some roms but Oppo is popo!

I wonder even though they all fall under BBK, why only MI/ Xiaomi and Poco enjoys flexible after market customizations and rooting etc. capabilities while rest are made to rot on stock even though sharing similar OSes.

I have been using mi phones for my parents.
Generally it takes me 1 hr or so to configure and remove most of the bloat.
But these days ,one have to be aware of which models to buy if u want to go custom roms route.
Most of the devices dont have their source published by xiaomi anymore

I wonder even though they all fall under BBK, why only MI/ Xiaomi and Poco enjoys flexible after market customizations and rooting etc. capabilities while rest are made to rot on stock even though sharing similar OSes.

Xiaomi and its sub-brands aren't owned by BBK.

More reason to avoid their crap, they've lost a lot of pull in our market anyways in the past few years, especially after they got raided by ED.
The Android budget and mid-range market is a shit show, I see a lot of my colleagues in the market for a 25-35k Android moving up to an iPhone during sales instead.
I'm hoping that the launch of the next iPhone SE will force Android OEMs to provide more value in this segment else they'll be losing a lot of market share.
iphone SE in itself is a crapshoot, it aint gonna do anything unless Apple changes its ways actually launches a VFM product

iphone SE in itself is a crapshoot, it aint gonna do anything unless Apple changes its ways actually launches a VFM product

The current one, yes. Apple sales have slumped slightly in the last year or two even in markets like China and they'll be targeting emerging markets with accessible devices to meet sales expectations.
Going by the rumor mill, it still seems more compelling than any android under the 35k range.

Check out cmf by nothing, no bloatware and no ads and under budget. The UI is very good, similar to stock android but is more customisable and is more functional then pure stock android.

Telling this again and again and one more time...custom rom is the way to enjoy MI devices!
Only for those who have lots of free time. A typical person just want their phone to work normally with all their banking/upi/shopping apps & as for ads a typical person is already used to ads courtesy of dth, ott & youtube.

Only for those who have lots of free time. A typical person just want their phone to work normally with all their banking/upi/shopping apps & as for ads a typical person is already used to ads courtesy of dth, ott & youtube.
Without efforts the world is not easy nor any task!
And to unlock a boot-loader and flashing a rom hardly takes an hours time and is as easy as 123..

Last edited:
Without efforts the world is not easy nor any task!
And to unlock a boot-loader and flashing a rom hardly takes an hours times and is as easy as 123..
I know, I have done it a few times in the past & know many who used to do it a lot more in their college days but not anymore. People's priorities changes with time & age. There is a reason why xda forums went dead & custom roms TG groups are filled with mostly teens in schools & colleges.

I know, I have done it a few times in the past & know many who used to do it a lot more in their college days but not anymore. People's priorities changes with time & age. There is a reason why xda forums went dead & custom roms TG groups are filled with mostly teens in schools & colleges.

Good point.

I'm currently debating on whether I should buy a Redmi Pad 6 SE or a Honor Pad X9. The Redmi Pad 6 SE has that all important 3.5mm jack which I need as I use wired headphones but I'm scared of the ads the Xiaomi device will come with!

A lot of these low budget phones are primarily used by blue collar workers and by senior citizens who aren't really tech savvy and wouldn't even know what a bootloader is, people who have the time to root and customize probably make up for less than 10% of their customer base.

Back