Android Xiaomi Mi Pad - No options to disconnect USB Connection?

jealous21

Recruit
I recently bought a Mi Pad and connected to my laptop to transfer songs, pics and videos. Copied with no issues. And when I wanted to disconnect the device, I don't see any option to disconnect the device. There is no options like any other Android phones or tablets. When I scrolled the notification bar down I could see only "USB Connection" and on the right side its has two options called "Photos" and "Files". As there was no option I had to just pull of the cable manually.

Am I missing something? Is there a option somewhere to disconnect the USB connected device.
P.S When I connected to my laptop it said "Device Driver not installed successfully" but I was able to see the drives in my laptop and I was able to transfer the files as well. Please help.

Your tablet is not mounted as a mass transfer device. It is mounted in MTP mode.

In MTP mode, you will not see the eject option.

Your tablet is not mounted as a mass transfer device. It is mounted in MTP mode.

In MTP mode, you will not see the eject option.
Yes I understand that its in MTP mode. But few mobile phones even if they are in the MTP mode there will be an option to disconnect the "USB Connection" in the mobile options itself. I'm not seeing this options in the Mi Pad. So my question is, is it safe to remove when it is in MTP mode? Are you using a Mi Pad?[DOUBLEPOST=1434005433][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you using custom rom?
No I'm not. Its just one week new.

You can remove it safely. I dont normally bother to "remove safely" my usb thumb drives and never faced a problem. I guess windows just makes sure all the cached I/O transfers are synced and closes the connection.

Yes I understand that its in MTP mode. But few mobile phones even if they are in the MTP mode there will be an option to disconnect the "USB Connection" in the mobile options itself. I'm not seeing this options in the Mi Pad. So my question is, is it safe to remove when it is in MTP mode? Are you using a Mi Pad?[DOUBLEPOST=1434005433][/DOUBLEPOST]
No I'm not. Its just one week new.
I use a Moto G and Nexus 7. Both get mounted in MTP mode and in neither do I get an option for disconnecting (neither on device nor on PC side)

My previous Android phone (LG P500) used to get mounted in mass transfer mode. In it I used to get option for safely disconnecting (both on PC and phone)

Back