Xiaomi Mi3 - not charging without windows driver ?

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Guys, do we need to install any driver for this to get detected in windows? It does start charging initially when connected via USB, but the driver install fails as no driver found for the device - MI3W and it stops charging too, happened both on my PC & laptop with Win7 SP1 X64, for reference my Moto G does get detected on the same port with the same USB cable.

On the phone it does show me the Photos & File toggles but none help in getting the phone detected, anyone else facing this ?

Guys, do we need to install any driver for this to get detected in windows? It does start charging initially when connected via USB, but the driver install fails as no driver found for the device - MI3W and it stops charging too, happened both on my PC & laptop with Win7 SP1 X64, for reference my Moto G does get detected on the same port with the same USB cable.

On the phone it does show me the Photos & File toggles but none help in getting the phone detected, anyone else facing this ?

Did you try this - http://en.miui.com/thread-20100-1-1.html

You will need to install their phone manager software which installs the necessary drivers. I found it somewhere on Xiaomi MIUI site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back