Xiaomi Phone with MIUI OS: a $310 Android with 1.5GHz dual-core

comp@ddict

Skilled
Xiaomi Phone with MIUI OS: a $310 Android with 1.5GHz dual-core SoC and other surprises -- Engadget

I had read about this a long time ago. I heard its available now as people across forums are using in(including members of Cyanogen Mod forum).

Apparently MIUI is based of CM itself.

It's now ¥1,999 ($310), and will be available for pre-order on August 29th for October delivery

Hands-On: Xiaomi Phone hands-on (updated with video) -- Engadget

Is there a way we can get our hands on this phone? There's even language problems to get rid of the chinese :D

ryanrulez4ever said:
Do not forget that what Steve jobs gave you came from China, They Manufactured it

My laptop is made in china. My mobile is made in china. My modem is made in china. My ceiling fan is made in china even. Whats your point?

^^ you're chinese?

LOL

jokes apart, yes, it's confirmed FOXCONN made, so no doubts about quality.

The UI is a iOS copy yes. But the internals in this phone are, MINDBLOWING for 310$.

Ive been searching on sites, ebay and all. I'll update to everyone(dhruv) if I get any leads.

Apparently there's a cheaper 250$ version with 1.2GHz dual core instead. Sounds good enough to me!

Me too was looking to see if we can get this here. It's an awesome phone for the price. And no worries about ROM development. MIUI is all you need! :D

Aladdin said:
My laptop is made in china. My mobile is made in china. My modem is made in china. My ceiling fan is made in china even. Whats your point?

My Point is ...The Chinese do Manufacture stuff for other mainstream companies besides copying as you claim

madnav said:
Manufactured in China =! Made in China

labour is cheap =! quality is cheap

Wrong symbol if you meant the 'not equal to' operator.

!= is the correct one. ~=, /=, <> or =/= are other alternatives.

Apologies for the OT!

I have so many Chinese friends who would be going home this December I can get this one easily :) Lets see if I do

madnav said:
FYI,

Manufactured in China =! Made in China

Just like

labour is cheap =! quality is cheap

buy a product, not a brand.

Repped!
So true, everyone still wastes money on BB(my friend bought a 30k BB Torch just a few days ago, what a waste. SHe's like, "watever, BB is the best". THey buy the brand, BB is cool!

And when I suggest a friend Moto Defy instead of a HTC Wildfire S at the same price, they are like "Motorola, it's not a good brand" and I make the "WTF" face

comp@ddict said:
Repped!

And when I suggest a friend Moto Defy instead of a HTC Wildfire S at the same price, they are like "Motorola, it's not a good brand" and I make the "WTF" face

Motorola made it this way, I had the same expression when someone advised me for moto defy in digit forum.. while researching for my smartphone, I have omitted moto, micromax and Spice. But later when I researched about defy, I was clean bold. and I am Happily using it and those people who bought samsung/sony products of same range, stares at my phone blindly :p

Back