Audio Xiaomi Piston 2?

@Ritvik I was looking for a person who has experience with the Xiaomi Piston. How will you compare it to the nearest matching IEMs?
Btw, just ordered one for myself but I have very less experience in IEMs. I always preferred headphones.

@geek0killer
I've had them for about 4 months. I got them along with the Mi3 directly from the Xiaomi SG site for about 17 SGD which was the bundle price so I'm certain they're not one of the fakes that are apparently quite common.

They're rather larger so I cant get a good seal with them, one side keeps popping out all the time, I packed them up and never looked at them again. Used them for about an hour at the most on two occasions. From what I remember they sounded good for the price, but had a bit of a "V-shaped" signature which I dislike. I prefer the Brainwavz Delta which is similarly priced. They come in a nice box, with a decent number of spare tips all of which smell like chocolate for some odd reason.

Not a big fan of their IEMs but I really like their phones! Own the Mi3 and saw the Redmi Note at work yesterday absolute steal for 199 SGD.

@FaH33m
If I can find my pair I'll be happy to send them over for you to review..................someone will need to push me a bit to look for them though :p

Hey , did you buy the pistons from this ebay post: http://www.ebay.in/itm/XIAOMI-PISTO...?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item41854100db

How was the overall quality like packaging & sound. Were these authentic Xiaomi Pistons ?
Ya same seller. Looks like it's selling like hot cakes :) It's original that I can conform. The sound is decent nothing exceptional. Well, for that price you won't except either. It lacks soundstage. But again the price. I would also like to tell you that I am not much into IEMs. All I have are headphones, this was my first ever decent IEM. The quality overall is excellent for Xiaomi. The box and the IEMs smell like sweet chocolate. :) The controls only work on certain phones. If you can wait then Xiaomi is going to officially launch it around October in India. So, it will be even more cheap. I had other options too in this price range. Check Hifinage for that. Excellent price for some good IEMs(as per reviews).

Ya same seller. Looks like it's selling like hot cakes :) It's original that I can conform. The sound is decent nothing exceptional. Well, for that price you won't except either. It lacks soundstage. But again the price. I would also like to tell you that I am not much into IEMs. All I have are headphones, this was my first ever decent IEM. The quality overall is excellent for Xiaomi. The box and the IEMs smell like sweet chocolate. :) The controls only work on certain phones. If you can wait then Xiaomi is going to officially launch it around October in India. So, it will be even more cheap. I had other options too in this price range. Check Hifinage for that. Excellent price for some good IEMs(as per reviews).

Thanks for the reply. So it does have the trademark chocolatey smell. Well I was gonna buy from merimobile for $20( 1200 bucks) but I guess i'll buy from ebay itself as it would reach me quickly as opposed to 15-20 from china. They say that the original cost of it is somewhere around $16, so I guess they would not release it in India any lower that $20-$24, when they finally do so. I'll have my hands on my Oneplus One soon, and as per reviews all the buttons work perfectly with it. After applying a coupon I guess I can get it for 1450 off ebay. Originally I was interested in meelectronics, but can't seem to find one in India.

Thanks for the reply. So it does have the trademark chocolatey smell. Well I was gonna buy from merimobile for $20( 1200 bucks) but I guess i'll buy from ebay itself as it would reach me quickly as opposed to 15-20 from china. They say that the original cost of it is somewhere around $16, so I guess they would not release it in India any lower that $20-$24, when they finally do so. I'll have my hands on my Oneplus One soon, and as per reviews all the buttons work perfectly with it. After applying a coupon I guess I can get it for 1450 off ebay. Originally I was interested in meelectronics, but can't seem to find one in India.
Good luck for Oneplus One! Btw, rumors also say that Xiaomi is planning to launch Mi4 in October for around 18K in India.

Sorry, I take back my comment. The soundstage is pretty decent it just depends upon the song. Was listening to same usual Bollywood then switched to Imagine Dragons- Demons, and my opinion changed. :)

Sorry, I take back my comment. The soundstage is pretty decent it just depends upon the song. Was listening to same usual Bollywood then switched to Imagine Dragons- Demons, and my opinion changed. :)

Cool, btw nice bass on that Imagine Dragons album. I dunno about Xiaomi, they have a pretty major inventory crunch right now. God only knows how will they manage to roll out Mi 4 . Probably they will have to pick another retailer besides Flipkart.

Cool, btw nice bass on that Imagine Dragons album. I dunno about Xiaomi, they have a pretty major inventory crunch right now. God only knows how will they manage to roll out Mi 4 . Probably they will have to pick another retailer besides Flipkart.
Lol..yeah. The only time Indians take Flipkart down is when Xiaomi Mi3 is back in inventory. The bass on Xiaomi is what you will love and the reverbarence.

The price seems to suggest that it might be the real deal. I ordered mine last night, can't wait to get my hands on it !! Ebay sucks, you can't write reviews and can't cancel the order once placed,amazon is much better in this regards.

If they send it as a gift item, which is the case most of the time, you wont be charged any custom duty. BTW I was also thinking of ordering from china, merimobile @ $20. But decided against it as the wait was too much to bare.

Last edited:
Back