Xiaomi's Cheap Marketing Tricks and How Flipkart is Cashing on it

Should Companies avoid Exclusive launches on Single Ecommerce platform?

• Total voters
Its a hit or miss, the first sale was a safer bet, all the other two were tried and tested, in the second sale it was time based meaning running on your current system time, so some people were able to grab it a minute to some 30 seconds earlier. The time wasnt the server time or synchronised to atomic clocks! The third sale which was on Aug 5, was pretty fastest finger first. exactly at 2PM and 2:00:02, things ran out of luck!! But be aware these are really not any real figures, there is insider deals happening! And those numbers are far from reality about the real number of pieces coming up for sale!

Care to elaborate on the insider deals please?

There are 3 types of people in the india these days.
1: who got mi3 and now want to piss everyone(mostly the type 2) by showing off :D
2: who were not lucky enough and thus they rant about it everywhere they can :p
3: these are calm people, doesnt matter they got mi3 or not(or maybe they are not even interested in the phone), they just keep calm, read all the rants and discussions and have a virtual laugh :D

There are 3 types of people in the india these days.
1: who got mi3 and now want to piss everyone(mostly the type 2) by showing off :D
2: who were not lucky enough and thus they rant about it everywhere they can :p
3: these are calm people, doesnt matter they got mi3 or not(or maybe they are not even interested in the phone), they just keep calm, read all the rants and discussions and have a virtual laugh :D

I'm the first type of guy :D

I don't know why people are bashing FK here... When demand is there, obviously some system like this needs to be implemented... Isn't during nexus launch, Google server crashed?

I'm not sure, how difficult the process is because I never tried it., but this is what happened with my friend last week... He(in fact most of my friends :)) asked me a suggestion to buy a new phone around 20-23K... I told about Mi3 and also told about FK buying process... Then yday he pinged me saying, now tell me good case for this :) When I asked him, how you got so easily? His response, no i didn't feel any difficulty in buying this... Just i registered and logged in before 5 mins of the sale, And its done :)

I don't know why people are bashing FK here... When demand is there, obviously some system like this needs to be implemented... Isn't during nexus launch, Google server crashed?

I'm not sure, how difficult the process is because I never tried it., but this is what happened with my friend last week... He(in fact most of my friends :)) asked me a suggestion to buy a new phone around 20-23K... I told about Mi3 and also told about FK buying process... Then yday he pinged me saying, now tell me good case for this :) When I asked him, how you got so easily? His response, no i didn't feel any difficulty in buying this... Just i registered and logged in before 5 mins of the sale, And its done :)
Exactly my experience. Bought 2 in the first 2 flash sales. Was smooth.

I would say Barra is doing an amazing job. Got this Whatsapp message from a colleague day before:

IJf0Aex.jpg

He had posted a review on FK about a battery bug wherein after getting fully discharged i.e. on reaching 0%, his phone wouldn't charge back to more than 25%. Got a call, talked about his issue. He asked about MiTV2 etc,, but obv Hugo avoided it saying they're looking into it.
Edit: Edited out names.

Last edited:
^I more or less feel now FK is creating the artificial demand, they importing stuff is more or less looking to not be true! I guess its time to abandon the MI ship and board ones that have real committed to the market!

Personally just to test this, i registered for today's sale and as of now its in my cart... need to make payment before 13th August :)

Personally just to test this, i registered for today's sale and as of now its in my cart... need to make payment before 13th August :)
There's also 10% cashback offer on SBI debit and credit cards. Club that too and we have an awesome deal.

Back