XP Boot Menu

hitman080

Disciple
I have a little problem with XP.

I've just installed XP on my new system. Anyways, during the bootup I always have two options. One "Windows XP Pro" and the other "Windows (default)". And the Windows (Default) selected. So everytime I have to select XP Pro, which I don't want to do. I checked boot.ini, and there's no lines for the Windows (default). Whenever it does load it up, it goes to the XP Setup procedure.

How can I fix this?

Check your hardware profile, you might have two hardware profile. Delete the one that you don't require.

My Comp -> Properties -> Hardware -> Hardware Profile

run->msconfig->boot.ini(it is an overhead tab).
then, select the line in the proper line in boot.ini and click 'set as default'...
if you dont want the list at all, set the timeout to 0!!

mathyou said:
run->msconfig->boot.ini(it is an overhead tab).
then, select the line in the proper line in boot.ini and click 'set as default'...

sry small eror.. run->msconfig->boot.ini(it is an overhead tab).
then, select the proper line in boot.ini and click 'set as default'...

hitman080 said:
I have a little problem with XP.

I've just installed XP on my new system. Anyways, during the bootup I always have two options. One "Windows XP Pro" and the other "Windows (default)". And the Windows (Default) selected. So everytime I have to select XP Pro, which I don't want to do. I checked boot.ini, and there's no lines for the Windows (default). Whenever it does load it up, it goes to the XP Setup procedure.

How can I fix this?
Another method -
Go to system properties (right click my computer > click properties). There, in the Advanced tab, click settings for Startup and Recovery. You will find a dropdown for the 'default operating system'. That should do the trick.

Back