Xp pro wallpaper prob

c4u

Disciple
Hi ,

My work pc is connected to a domain and when i logon to the domain using my
account the background looks like this
cr14og.jpg

but if log on using any other user account or local admin account the backgorund looks like this
org11ok.jpg

is there any way i can correct it so my icons blend with any wallpaper.

have you checked if the enable drop shadows for desktop icons feature is enabled ?

I had this same problems a couple of years back - cannot remember what I had to do to rectify it - if I remember I will get back. Meanwhile check if Cleartype is switched on.

Found this software - should be of help...
Deeth Stomp Deluxe
A utility to manipulate desktop icons with the purpose of enhancing the appearance of the desktop when you're using a wallpaper image. When you set a background image (wallpaper), the captions of all the icons on the desktop have blocks of solid color around them. Sometimes you need this block of color in order to read the captions. However, with other background images, you'd be able to read them just fine but the blocks of solid color are just irritating and ugly. When the program is run, it removes the solid block of color.

http://www.fullspectrum.com/deeth/deethware/index.html#StompDeluxe

Thzks a lot Eazy it worked . it waz kind of Irritating with the solid block color around the

icons .

@KingKrool - its nice to be here 2

Last edited by a moderator:
remembered about this thread today.. :p don't ask me why or how :bleh:
i think i found the window control which dies the blend and background for icons.
go to mycomputer->right click->properties->advanced->performance
and check use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop

anyway i did this tonight after formatting. Mabe it may help some new guy ;)

Back