OC & Modding XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 Setup Help

sku11_munch3r

Disciple
Hey guys, over the past few days I've decided to go for a Custom WC setup in my gaming PC. I really want to over clock my i5-3570k to about 4-4.2Ghz, and to be honest the stock cooler sucks.

My setup is as follows:

Case: NZXT Switch 810.
PSU: Corsair TX 750w
Mobo: GA-Z77-UD5H
Ram: 8GB Gskill 1600
GPU: EVGA GTX 680

Now my first plan was to go for an AIO kit aka the Corsair H100i, but after looking around it seems they have no stock in Mumbai. The guy at Prime ABGB said due to a leakage issue with the stock here they were unavailable.

So, I did some research on Custom WC kits and I've decided to go with the XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 kit. I will add Feser One's 1L UV coolant, to complete the setup.

I've attached a link for reference :
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20835/ex-wat-263/XSPC_Raystorm_750_AX240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html

I
will probably run the loop exactly the same way as Hi tech legion has in his video.

I have the Switch 810 case so there should be ample room for this setup. I've attached a pic below detailing how I plan to run the loop. Heads up, its a pretty lame pic.

nzxt-switch-810-Custom WC.jpg

As of now, I will not be cooling the GPU.. gotta save up for that water block...;)

So, this brings me to my main question, what methods can I use to drain the loop every 6-12 months? I've been looking around the net and have gotten totally mixed up with devising a way to drain it if I have to.

Ive heard that I can use a drain valve like the one below, but I am clueless as to its placement and so on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...ss_Inline_Drain_Valve_Fitting_VLV-XTSPLB.html[DOUBLEPOST=1385794930][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump

Last edited:
That is probably the simplest loop you can look at, but remember with a bay res, draining the loop is going to be difficult. So be prepared for that. The drain you linked is basically a 3 way fitting. What you have to do is to fit it in the loop between the CPU return to the res. you will need two extra compression fittings on each side of the 3 way and the knob kind of thing can be opened to let out the water. When u want to drain, keep a mug under that fitting open the res fill port and then open the knob. The water will easily drain out. Any type of drain fitting should be at the lowest point in the loop to get best results. That's why I suggest you put it on the line returning from the CPU to the res.

The other water cooling option you can use is the swiftech kit, with a 360 rad. I think is was available in India through tirupati. May work out cheaper and it's a good kit.

First, what is the flow direction? The way it is set up in your pic, it's not clear. You want the pump feeding the highest restriction fitting, so that would be the waterblock - which means there is no CPU return to the bayres.

Draining a bayres system is as simple as adding an inline T-port and a cap, it should be fitted at the lowest physical level in the system, so that gravity can take over once you switch off the pump (keeping the pump on till the water level comes down a bit will help draining it quickly.

Keep lots of paper towels handy, and tilt the cabinet a bit to avoid getting your other bits wet. Final draining will have to done outside the system if you wish to clean your blocks etc.

Back