Xvid freezes while playing win7 x64

I am on Windows 7 x64 7600 RTM
playing Xvid movies WMP freezes for few mins then after 5-7 mins again start playing but the sound is fine the video gets unsynchronized & goes fast forward, assuming it could be codec problem I installed Klite along with media player classic, but even that does not work so I uninstalled it & tried the following.
I tried KMplayer too but that also freeze
I tried VLC latest version but that also does the same freeze.
Is it windows7 problem or the xvid I am playing, I have tried playing 8-10 of them they all have this problem.

Do I need to install x64 version of Klite or will 32 bit version do the job?

The 32bit version will do just fine for now. But my advice to you is to completely uninstall all of klite codecs and try playing your movies with the bare minimum that kmplayer comes with by default. Once it works you can google around and try to optimize Kmplayer from there.

Yes I meant Win7 freezing while playing Xvid (corrected the typo error)

zenflox I did completely uninstalled before installing Kmplayer & did the same before installing VLC. I found VLC having least problem but it did have problems.

I played the same file in all 4 players minimum it hangs is 4-5 times, in VLC it did only 2 times. Not sure if its x64 issue or something else.

It looks to me that either the file is highly fragmented or it is just corrupt. Also check your system for any bad sectors. VLC comes with its own set of decoders so uninstalling those k-lite codecs wouldn't help. You need to check your file's integrity.

What i would suggest is:

1. Uninstall any codec packs including VLC and KM Player etc.
2. After u are done with removal, do a registry scan for broken links or entries.
3. Thereafter, restart.
4. Get the latest xvid codecs for both 32bit and 64bit from xvid's website.
5. Install the 32bit and then the 64 bit back to back, not simultaneously :p
6. Dnt play any files, restart and then play. It should be all fine now.

U can play XviD files using the good Media Player 12. For others, u can use VLC or preferrably, Media Player Classic - HC.

do the following:-

1. Uninstall all d codecs and gfx drivers

2. Install latest Nvidia drivers for ur gfx from nvidia site.

3. install CoreAVC H.264 Video Codec Professional v1.9.5.0

4. install windows media classic homecinema player 64bit.

5. In home cinema classic go to settings and select coreavc as internal codecs.

6.do the same with KM player.

7. Play different xvid files and check...

abhisinalkar said:
4. install windows media classic homecinema player 64bit.

5. In home cinema classic go to settings and select coreavc as internal codecs.

6.do the same with KM player.

7. Play different xvid files and check...

First of all,

Core AVC 64bit is not available so it won't work on 64bit WMC-HC 64bit.

Secondly, what u are trying to say is i guess for HD playback, not for XviD!!!

CoreAVC is not for XviD, its for HD.

OP, did u try what i suggested in a previous post?

The only solution which works as of now is playing the files with Jriver media player, no hangups/freezing till now, have tried for 10 days.

Back